Friday, September 26, 2008

Yesterday the whole fam went to the grocery store. I saw this guy that looked really familiar to me. I thought about it for a bit, and then it clicked! I went to high school with him. I think he was a year younger than me. I wasn't friends with him. I don't think I ever talked to him. He was the type of boy that stayed by himself. He was really, really tall. He would walk around the halls with his hands in his pockets. Sometimes he would touch the walls as he walked. I always thought he was a cute guy. I wondered what his story was and why he was alone so much. I do remember him hanging out with a few people. I wish I would have been his friend.
Fast forward to yesterday. He looked great. He looked happy. He was dressed nice. He was still alone. But he looked great. So then the grandma side of me kicked in. I think that I've always been a grandma, my body just has to catch up. I just wanted to go give him a hug and tell him that I was proud of him. Way to go kid! And then I would ask him if he is dating any nice girls, and what kind of cookies he liked.