I just finished a book titled Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. It was fabulous! I really, really enjoyed this book. It is set back when there was a lot of traveling circuses that would fail due to the depression. They would travel from city to city by train. The book is from the perspective of the character Jacob. It has his present day and flips back to the circus days. It flips back and forth at all the critical moments that you didn't want it to flip to. I had to keep reading to find out what happened! I really liked this book. There are a few adult situations, and quite a few cuss words. It is not for the faint hearted. I loved it. And, it had animals in it! If anyone has read this book, let me know!
If you would like to swap good books with me, let me know. I can send you an invite to good reads. It's an on-line book review and you have have buddies and see what books they liked! It's fun!
P.S. Ruby is doing great. She still has a rash. It's fading in most areas. She has not had a high fever all day. She is so brave.
I'm worried that Zane may be getting it. He's being a butt, and I want to send him to Grandma Debs for the next month or two.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
books!
Posted by Amber at 10:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I like Water for Elephants as well. You have to read, The Book Thief. I loved that book. It's set in WWII Nazi Germany and the book is narrated by Death/Grimm Reaper. Very good. Glad to hear Ruby is doing better. Can I send my little guy to Grandma Debs as well?
I want to read more. Tell me your very favorite book, (besides the Twilight series) and I will read it.
Post a Comment