Monday, September 8, 2008

More Yucky...

Ruby was doing great last night. She was playing with her cousins. We had dinner at Gram and Gramps house. All is well.
This morning she woke up with a fever of 100.7 and felt bad. She didn't want to go to school. That is unusual for Ruby. She loves school. When I was getting her dressed the rash had spread into her arm pits, groin and legs. I took her to the pediatrician. It turns out that she has Scarlet Fever!
That sounds really scary. But Scarlet Fever is strep throat with a rash. So sad. She had a sore throat all this time and didn't tell us. I checked it out online and in our books at home, but I dismissed it because her throat didn't hurt. Ugh. Lew and I feel horrible we made her suffer all weekend long. Needless to say, Cassi's kids will probably get sick. She will be contagous for the next 24 hours. The doc did say she can safely go to school and dance on Wednesday. Poor girl.

2 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

Poor Ruby! Scarlet fever does sound scary. I had no idea that it was strep throat with a rash. We hope she feels better soon.

kelly said...

Wow. Scarlett Fever. I didn't even know that was a real ailment!
I hope she feels better soon.