Saturday, September 20, 2008

Stinky

Today we went for a run up City Creek Canyon. We were about 2 miles away and it started pouring rain! Ugh! This was the first time we have made it up there this year. We decided to wait it out, and it was worth it! Oh, I love it up there. I was ornery this morning and as soon as I stepped out of the car into the fresh mountain air, wha la, orneriness gone! It had the fresh rain on leaves and dirt smell. Mmmm wonderful and clean. It was overcast with a few breaks in the clouds, perfect weather too! It was just what I needed. I thought we were in okay-shape. Wrong! When I pushed the kids up the hill, ugh, I was dragging. It was really tough. I think part of the problem was the kids weigh more since last summer. Wow, I was feeling like a wuss. I've added a few pictures that I took today...

The leaves are already changing up there! Beautiful!

Ruby ran about half a mile uphill. She is a fast little runner.


One of Lew's favorite things in that canyon is the puzzles. What? you say? Puzzles?
Okay, I had never heard of them either until a few years ago. The green stick things in this picture are what Lewis calls puzzles. You can pull them apart on the seams, and then put them back together. Fun hugh. They don't have a squishy middle, or sap, or anything else. It's hollow. Puzzles.
Them Idaho boys get quite creative with nature...
Dang he's cute.
See, this is the puzzle in pieces.
After we ran the canyon, we stopped at Gourmandies (the bakery). It was my 32 birthday yesterday! Yahoo! So we picked out a few yummy treats. Yep, instead of being good after all that runnin' we ate sugar.
I was talking to my gramp, and he said he saw these ladies at the store who were pushing 90 years old. One of them said, "Hello Glen. How are you?" about three times in the 3 minute conversation. He thought it was pretty funny. I had told him that I still feel like I'm 22 on the inside. He said he feels the same way. I wonder if it is always like that? In the book Water for Elephants it mentions that same thing. I've been thinking about that lately. The good thing, is that I like where I'm at. I wouldn't want to be 22 again. Sure, I'd like a new house or a newer car. But I'm grateful for all the wonderful people I have in my life. Many were here when I was 22, and many are new. I'm so very blessed. So far, 32 is awesome!



4 comments:

kelly said...

Puzzles. How funny. Josh likes the puzzles too, except I told him it was called snake grass.
I will be sure to tell him the correct name next time it comes up!

HORROCKS FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday to the bestest sister in the whole wide world!!! Love you!!!

The Egans said...

Amber, Happy Birthday from me! Hope it was the best!
You are too cute!!! What a fun post...I loved it!

Bammy said...

Happy Birthday, Ammy Lou! I saw Cass at Wal-Mart the other day and told her how much I love seeing the blogs. Even though I don't get to see you guys in real life much, it makes me feel somewhat "in touch" to see your cute kids growing up, and see what's going on in your lives. So fun! Love, Aunt Halene