I was thinking about New York a lot yesterday since it was September 11th. Sorry I didn't post this yesterday. I didn't get any fun computer time. Anyway, back in January of 2007 I went to New York for the weekend. My sister-in-law, Raney was a nanny there. She worked at Cyprus Credit Union with Cassi for a while and then moved to New York. She made a lot of friends at Cyprus and they all wanted to go visit her while air fare was cheap.
We tried to squeeze in as much as we could. We went to The Lion King. We took a ferry out near the Statue of Liberty. We didn't go to Ellis Island because that was a whole day trip and we were there for only a few days. We did some shopping. On the last day we walked to the Disney Store to get Ruby and Baylee a princess doll. It was further than we thought, so we had to run the whole way back to the hotel to meet our group. While running we had to find a Dunkin' Donuts. Lewis served his mission in Texas where they had Dunkin' donuts. He missed them. I brought a tupperware from home and bought a dozen to take home to him. At the time we were on a no sugar diet so he ended up eating one donut. As a side note, Raney is still going strong on the no sugar diet. Man, she is tough. Did I mention it was freezing there? We went there a few weeks too late. New York had record high temps. The week before we got there Raney was running in Central Park with 70 degrees. We we arrived the high was 20. Nice. We really did have such a fun time. I missed my kids and Lew, but I could have stayed about 5 more days. This is the group that I went with. Starting from the left Ashley, Jessie, Ali, Becky, Raney, Me, Cassi, Mike, Hazey, and Danielle. We were shopping in Times Square.
Friday, September 12, 2008
New York
Posted by Amber at 8:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I didn't know you guys went to New York. Chris & I would love to go there. What a fun trip.
Post a Comment