Thursday, September 3, 2009

School? What about it?

She did it! Ruby survived her first day of school. I got her ready and wanted a few pictures. Well, she was in no mood for pictures. I got scowls for each one. This was the best I could get because I told her it was the last one. I think she was sweating the whole time in class since it was 90 degrees, but she did look adorable.

Lew went into work late so he could walk Ruby to school.
This is outside of the class. I like where her class is. They have the main building of the elementary school, and then a small separate building. It is where the computer lab is at and two kindergarten classes. They have a bathroom in her class, and it is air-conditioned. yahoo! Zaner starts school on the 11th, but he wears his backpack every day.

Here is Miss Ruby in class. She is the calendar girl for this week. She was very pleased about that. She told Lewis and I all day about how beautiful her teacher is. When anyone asked her how school was, or what did she learn? She would say- nuthin'. I think we were more excited and nervous than Ruby was. That evening I told Ruby that I had missed her so much that I cried when she was gone. Her reply was, "You did? Don't do that tomorrow, okay?" Ever since then she has checked on me to make sure I haven't cried again. I have stuck to my word, and not cried.
On Wednesday night the kids were playing outside after the sun went down. Mosquito. My kids do not have good reactions to mosquitoes. Zane got bit 6 times. They were out there for about 5 minutes! In this picture you can see Zane's forehead is swollen.
You can see a bit of the forehead swelling here. And look to the side of his head. (your left) His temple is swollen. The bottom of his cheek on the other side is also large. I would look at him and think that he had marbles in his mouth.
It's been a trying week with school starting. I just got a new Martha Stewart cupcake book from Lew's momma Jo. I tried out the Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes. It doesn't look like it, but it was a lot of work! These babies didn't come from a box. They were alright.

And, yesterday Zane, Koko and I were playing outside and Koko caught a bee. She chases flying things (birds, bees, wasps, butterflies, leaves, grass, lint, balls, shadows, etc.) Koko got stung this time. She is allergic to bee stings. I gave her benadryl, but check out that puffy jowl. She had a hard time keeping her eyes open after that dosage of benadryl.

And now, you may have noticed that I added a button to my blog. It is a link to a web site I frequent. I have purchased necklaces from here a few times. My friend, Kelly, makes awesome jewelry. Here are a few pictures of some of her stuff. She makes them herself! The pieces are quality stuff too. It's not junk supplies from Walmart. Take a look at these and if you are interested, then click on the link above. You can also buy these as gifts for Christmas and such.Treasure Necklace

Mojave earrings
Turquoise and Copper
Kelly has even made jewelery for Dove Chocolate Executives.
And if you are in need of Twilight Series jewelry you may also visit her other etsy shop
I have this Nessie Locket too! he he.






3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay Ruby and Amber! you survived. I hope I can do the same. This growing up stuff is Hard! I had no idea. Koko and Ginger are both allergic to bee's! Ging ate one about a month ago and swelled up so bad I had to take her to the vet.I wish I would have gotten some pictures. She looked hillarious-in a really sad way.

The Stone's said...

What a sweet Ruby girl! And poor Zane! That looks awful. Once my dog Emma got into a nest of spiders and her whole face swelled up. We had to give her benadryll too! Guess what? I'm gettin' a puppy! Naming her Lola! You'll have to come see her at my new house!

The Egans said...

Ruby is so cute! I'm glad school went good! That's cute of Lew to walk her to school! I love her hair...she's just adorable! So is Zane...he's just full of personality! Let's get the boys together again!