Thursday, September 24, 2009

Clip, Clip

I have no formal education in cutting hair.
I don't claim to be good. I usually warn my customers that even writing a sentence on a piece of paper is crooked. Dewie is not bothered by this detail.

Lewis has been on the receiving end of my attempt at hair cutting. Sometimes it is good. Sometimes he wears a hat for a few weeks.

Zane has had a buzz cut the past few times. Not on purpose, it was to fix my mistakes.

Deegan has gotten a buzz right before pictures. Whooops.

The girl that cuts my hair is awesome. Not just because she is my sweet cousin, she's really awesome. But she moved to New York. Since that is an expensive and time consuming trim, I decided to cut my own hair. Remember back in the 80's when a V cut was in? Yea, I got one. I couldn't reach all the way in the back.
Next great idea? Have Lew trim the mistakes. He did fairly well. I was impressed. He shaves a lot, so I figure he has a lot of practice. Well he wouldn't hold on to my hair, he just struck at it, like it was a snake. Between the two of us, I can pull off a pony tail.

Next victim?

Ruby needed a few inches cut off. I cut off a few, added a few layers and then blow dried it.
It was an afro. Not joking. The next morning I had to wet it down. There was a big 'ole poof and long hair in the back. Ruby was okay with it because she did her Sharpay walk all the way home from school.

Today I did her hair in pig tails. Please view the pictures below.

Not too bad besides the death stare, and a purple beard.
And this is the back. Check out the length of the left side and the right side. I hope her hair grows fast.

My grandma asked if I would trim her hair this Sunday. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm a little nervous.

6 comments:

The Egans said...

You're hilarious! Oh man! That's all I have to say!

Mary said...

At least her hair is curly. Maybe you wont notice it as much??? I just saw someone with the v-do. You have a twin out there!

Mary said...

At least her hair is curly. Maybe you wont notice it as much??? I just saw someone with the v-do. You have a twin out there!

Jessica said...

I love it! and I can so relate. I am also the official hair cutter in my family. Don't know how it happened. Sometimes Arlo's hair looks great, other times not so great. Hopefully our skills will improve with some more practice...

The Tucketts said...

That's awesome. My mother in law sometimes asks me to cute her hair. It's scary. No one will even notice Ruby's hair is uneven.

The Meier Family said...

My suggestion is to maybe show these pics to your grandma before you begin. Then you can't really be responsible. Haha. I always have Wade trim my hair and he gets out his level. It usually takes like 15 minutes just to cut straight across, but boy is it straight!