Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Check out my Gourds!


I'm gonna be honest with this post. Lew and I are not very good at growing the produce. Lew made me this planter for Mother's Day. We planted corn, peppers, carrots, cilantro, and gourds. The corn is about two feet tall. The carrots have not hit their growth spurt yet. Lew had a few burritos with a sprinkling of cilantro. And we have not seen one pepper.

Here is a mini carrot.

A mini gourd.

A growing gourd.

Here is the Ruby Red Corn. I was thinking I would cook it up and eat it.
And then Lewis ruined it for me.
Watch this...


Yep, it looks like he is popping a nasty zit.
I will never be able to eat red corn.
Tomatoes are ruined for me too.
Lewis called them bloody boogers once.
Ruined, I tell you!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow! your a gardener. I am impressed. I had all of these plans of gardening this year but wasnt able to get it together. Does red corn taste the same?

Mary said...

I'm suprised that you have any carrots left. I thought Nolen picked them all! My garden is now full of weeds and a ton of produce that no one will go outside and pick. Oh well, it was the idea that counts.