Monday, September 7, 2009

This donut is not fattening at all!

To end the Labor Day weekend we hiked up to Donut Falls in Big Cottonwood Canyon. It was perfect up there. Not too hot, not too cold, but it was really crowded. The group that went up there was my mom, Cassi and her kids, and my Sweet Lew and kids. Scott had to work today. About 3/4 of the way there we stopped and ate lunch. Some people said, "Hey! There's a moose!" (sorry you weren't there Raney). Right behind us was a moose eating it's lunch. So then this family, who are not moose educated, waltz right up to the beautiful beast. Dudes, moose like to charge people. Luckily, the moose didn't trample them. We've seen 22 moose this summer. I'm not joking. I'll try to post more about that later this week.

We got up to the falls. In the picture are Lew, Cassi, Deegan, my Ma, and bottom are Zane, Baylee and Ruby.

Same people, just swap my mom and me. Cassi and my mom stayed with the kids at the bottom of the falls so Lew and I could climb up to the donut hole. If you try this, make sure you bring shoes with good tread. It's slippery up there! It was fun to walk in the river too.

See up top of this picture? That is where the river flows into the hole, and there is the falls. I'm surprised you cannot see drops on my camera lens. There was mist spraying all over.

Lew jumped into the cave. He said it was sooooo, soooo cold. Like 30 degrees cold.

This is Lew behind the falls. He said it was so cool looking.

This is a shot from Lew's camera phone.
He was drenched. It was a steep climb up there. It was worth the hike. It wasn't too hard, and I recommend it if you haven't been there.
Ruby wore herself right out!
Happy Labor Day!

2 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

Gracie is sitting on my lap looking at your blog with me. When she saw the picture of you with the fam, she pointed to you and said "Nayna." She must think you look like Dayna. I haven't looked at blogs for awhile and so I am playing catch up.

Ruby looked SOOOOO cute for the first day of school. I can't believe she is that old. And you are right....it does feel like the beginning of the end, and we are going to blink and the next thing we know we will all be at JB's together. I'll probably be wearing Depends.

Let's get together soon!

HORROCKS FAMILY said...

I love the picture of Ruby sleeping! So funny! Thanks for inviting us!!