When you have kids, it seems that things just get busier. Before I had kids, I thought I was SO busy. And now, looking back, I had an excessive amount of time on my hands. I have also noticed that when it is the beginning of summer, we get so excited about warm weather that we stuff everything in at the start and then get lazy for the final days of the summer. Is that why they call it the dog days of summer?
I have included a bunch of pictures from some of the fun stuff we have done in the past week and a half.
We had a fun visit to the zoo. Ruby, Zane and I meet with Cassi, Baylee, Deegan, Jess and Arlo. It was really fun to see Jess and Arlo. Not to discount the fun with the Horrock's family. We just don't get to see the Dilley's that much. Jess is going to have a sweet baby boy in September. I'm really excited for her. Arlo is Jess's first baby and he is so stinking cute! He is so intelligent. The stories that I hear about Arlo amazes me.
As soon as we get to the zoo it is a bee line to the train and then the carousel. Zane wanted to ride on Alex the Lion.

Ruby wanted to ride on a giraffe. She likes giraffes because
Baylee likes
giraffes. Ruby has also changed her favorite color to yellow, because Bay likes yellow.

Sorry, this is a really dark picture of Ruby,
Baylee, Zane and
Arlo by a
giraffe.

We also spotted one of the girls friend- Shannon! Ruby and
Baylee have not seen her for two weeks, and they already miss her.
On the 23rd I got to have some fun with out the kids or husband. Yahoo! Not to discount the fun of kids and my love, but it was a lot of fun. I went to my friends house, Kelly, for a Twilight party. There were tasty things to eat, including bottles of blood labeled A positive, O negative etc. (Cherry Limeade), cupcakes with a gooey red center, and of course mushroom ravioli! Kelly had a game with tough trivia questions about the book series. The prize I was given was bookmarks for the whole series. Now these are not just bookmarks. They are hand made for each specific book. For example - the Twilight one had an apple on it, Breaking Dawn has a locket. I love them. We also played the Twilight board game. Lots of fun with a bunch of other crazy, Twilight fans. Thanks again Kelly!

On Memorial Day we took a short hop, skip and a jump up to the Golden Spike National Monument. Okay, it's not short. We should have stopped in Canada for some cheap
prescription drugs. It's up there. But the drive was worth it. Lew and I have always wanted to check it out. Zane and Ruby love trains so they had a great time. I think their favorite part was running on the tracks.

Look, they are holding hands! They do like each other, they do!

The trains have gold leaf on them, so visitors are not allowed to touch some parts of the train. We got in trouble. Ruby and Zane leaned on the cow catcher. There are stairs up to the side of the train so you can check out the inside of it.

As I was saying earlier we have been busy with all types of things. Yesterday, the kids and I went running. I don't make them run. It looks like it here from their sweaty faces, they get the easy ride in the jogging stroller. But we did have a little picnic after. They loved it. Ruby loves to have picnics. The kids raced on the grass, rolled down hills and petted all the dogs along the way.

Cassi's kids then came over for a little sprinkler and pool action. Ruby and Zane were so worn out that they took a nap for two hours.
We live within a few miles of the
Usana amphitheater. Yesterday, X96 had the annual Big Ass Show there. Since the kids were not tired at bedtime, and Lew and I like Offspring we drove to the fields by
amphitheater and listened to a few songs. I was playing with my camera. This picture may not be a big deal, but it was a learning experience for me. Check out the slow shutter speed! You can see the lights from the car driving past on the left side.

Rock On!
Ruby was there, I'm just blocking her with my big head.
5 comments:
Cute post! I love the zoo! So funny that Ruby changes to whatever Bay likes...true friends right there! I want to go to the zoo! We should all go together one of these days!
Ditto to Kate. I want to go to the zoo with you guys sometime. YAY for summer. And great pics.
Amber! That pic of them holding hands on the railroad is SO great! You should frame that one!
Frame the last picture too, cause girl, you are hot!
Thanks for coming to the party...glad you had fun!
I want to go too! To the zoo I mean! I love that last pic! Best ever!
I want picture taking lessons! I love your posts. It makes me feel like I am right there with you guys. We sure miss you! Hopefully we are coming the first part of August for a visit!
Post a Comment