Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Talk,Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk...

There is a lot of chatter going on at my home. Since Ruby was little she started talking and does not stop. Unless there is a stranger around. Then she may quite down for a bit. After she warms up to you, get ready for entertainment! I remember when she was younger, she would just repeat- "2, 9, 14". Lewis blames the non-stop talking on me, but if you have met his brother Joey, you will see where she gets it from!

I could have titled this post- Kids say the darndest things. We all have our kids. They say funny things. Only the parents thinks it's actually funny. Here are a few from my kids. Skip this part if you wish.

  • Koko ate some plants that I just bought. She got them off of the barbecue stand. While I was cleaning up the mess on the patio I heard Ruby mutter under her breath, "I told you we should have gotten a chihuahua."
  • When I was putting Zane to bed he heard my stomach growl. He said, "Mommy's tummy hungry?" Me- "Yep". Zane- "Go eat a sandwich. Kay. Tummy will feel better"
  • We have been looking at furniture lately. My mom is building a house (almost done). Zane has taken a liking to the beds. He is on a new kick to tell me- "Mom. My beds too schmall. I need a new one. It's too schmall".
  • Ruby is always concerned about everyone else. If someone is sick or has an injury she will always ask how they are doing. So a few months ago I had a hernia surgery. Every once in a while she will get an update on how it is healing. It's healed. All is well. She asked to see it. I showed her my bellybutton. She grimaced and said, "Ooohh. It's still looking pretty swollen." Nope, that's just my belly fat.

Lets move onto today. Lewis had to have an ECG done. It's an endoscopy where they put a fancy camera down your throat to check out what's up with your GI tract. To do this procedure they give you some medicine to knock you out enough that you will swallow the camera and tools, but not remember any of it. In the past, Lewis is really goofy after any surgeries or drug induced procedures. Today, he did not disappoint. He gets really hyper. A few wahoo's and farts were released in the hospital. I got him to the car before he did anything too embarrassing. Lew forgot his sunglasses in his personal belongings bag, so I had to go back in and get it. When I came back out to the truck he was driving in circles in the parking lot shouting, "I'm feelin' goood". On the drive home we were listening to Linkin Park. Lewis couldn't remember the words. On the chorus the line goes-"One minute you're on top" and "Making your heart stop". Every time it repeated that line, Lewis would shout- "Miniature Rock Star!" There are too many other things that he said that was hilarious and a little too personal to share. I'm wondering if this is how he would be if he drank alcohol? I think I'll stick with the regular Lew.

1 comments:

Mary said...

LOL!! I cant stop laughing! I love all the comments. They were funny to me, especially about the chihuahua and of course Lew driving in circles. I would of LOVED to witness that !