Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sweet Ruby Lew

I have such a sweet Ruby. She has had a busy few weeks. She had her program at school. On the day of her program, Teacher told the class that they needed to rest. Ruby came home, ate lunch and took a nap. Then later that week she had her dance concert for Shellie's School of Dance. It was on two nights. Ruby did wonderful! She had such a big smile on her face. I love watching her shake her stuff on stage! The concert was great and I'm so happy that Ruby dances there!
Ruby's dance was The Love Train. Doesn't she look so adorable!

On Monday Ruby had her last day of preschool. I know I've said it a bunch but I love her preschool! This is a picture of Teacher, Ruby, Baylee and Mrs. Jensen. I've been nervous about Ruby going to kindergarten. I'm worried about her making friends, kids being mean, mean teachers, and the curriculum. Teacher said that Ruby is ready. That made me feel a lot better. I'm really going to miss these ladies. I cried. Why can't they teach Kindergarten?

Last week Zane had the monstrous mosquito bite. Ruby's next! Check out that leg. We need to start dressing these kids in nets.

Today we went to the grocery store. I was holding hands with Ruby and Zane. As we were walking past a car, the driver backed up without looking. She bumped into Ruby. Luckily I grabbed her and moved her out of the way. Unluckily, the driver continued backing up and hit my Ruby again! We got to the side of the car and I made sure Ruby was okay. I was so MAD! I yelled at the driver telling her that she just hit my little girl! It was an older lady who was talking on her cell phone. When I told her that she just hit Ruby, she continued chatting on her phone and just shook her head up and down? What is that? So I went to her side of the car, because the window was rolled down. She rolled it up and just shook her head yes again. What is the deal? Granny ladies are suppose to be nice! If they hit your kid with a car, they are suppose to ask if she is okay, say sorry and bake cookies! Not roll up the window and gab on the pink cell phone! What is wrong with people? My sweet Ruby is okay. She just got a little shaken up. Lesson learned- hold hands and don't talk and drive.

2 comments:

Mary said...

If that ever happens again, hit the back of their car real hard. That gets their attention. That happened to me the other day. I was so shocked!! Then the man just looked at me and drove off. Next time I am going to thunk that car and make them squirm for a minute!!! I am glad our Ruby is ok!! Stupid people!
Oh I use to get big huge mosquito bites like that. It goes away when they get older. Blame Lew for that one!

The Stone's said...

Oh man! Were you at Smiths? I have had a bad experience with an elderly woman at Smiths. Not that bad, but I did follow her car for a while until I decided I would probably get arrested for carrying out my original plan. I miss Rubes! I hope I get to be her teacher again! Love ya!