Friday, March 27, 2009

Moments.

We had some good moments this week that I would like to remember.
On Wednesday I took Ruby to school and then went to Gram and Gramps house. Cassi was going to do their taxes. She is super good at math. She was almost an accountant, but changed her degree to Marketing. She is the tax lady in the family. Anyway, the tax program is on my laptop so that is why I was there. As soon as baby Zane and I got there my Grandma starts to play with Zane and Deegan. She is so funny. Gram went outside with no shoes on and scoops up a handful of snow. She got each of the fellas their own plate to put the snow on. Gram continued to make snowmen with them. After talking to Gramp for a while I went back in the kitchen and Gram and the boys had molded the snow into different shapes with toothpicks in them. When Zane and I were leaving Gram walked us to the car. We didn't make it all the way to the car without Grandma and Zane slamming eachother with snowballs. Zane was giggling and loving to throw snow at Gram's butt.
When I was little Grandma would be waving goodbye to us on the sidewalk. She would stick her hand in the car and we would tease her by holding her hand and not let go. Then my mom would slowly drive away and Grandma would pretend that we were pulling her along as we were leaving. I thought it was so hilarious because Grandma would yell, "Oh no! Let go! Oh help!" and she would run along the side of the car for a few feet.
When Zane and I were leaving the other day, Gram did the same thing with him. It was so sweet. After Zane let go of her hand, he belly laughed to the end of the street. I sure have a fun Grandma.

Another fun moment that I had this week was having a Draper girls night out. Every year around St. Patrick's Day we have a little cousin outing. It was with me, Cassi, Sara, Katie and Shayla. I just love those girls. Everyone is so sweet and so funny. There were a few times that we were laughing so hard that tears were rolling down our cheeks. All of us have young kids so we are able to swap funny stories. Cassi and I had spent so many weekends at our Draper cousins house. I just love the whole family (even Dayna who would rather hang out with Lance than us). When we have these nights out it reminds me of movies like Steel Magnolias. All of our lives change so much, and we have ups and downs. A nice constant thing is that we will always have good cousins/sisters to laugh and cry with. It's so easy to relate to each other, cause we are all like sisters, and we are all a star! he he
I keep forgetting to post pictures about the grandparents finished kitchen. Below are a few quick shots. We ended up painting with a taupe color and an off-white. We used a roller that mixes the two paints and gives it a texture look. Gram and Gramp just loved it. They keep telling Lewis and Scott that it looks like professionals did the tile. They were both very pleased with the finished product.

4 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

Great post Amber! I love that you added my favorite line from my favorite song that we made up. We DO have some great memories....Footloose, Ajicoco, made up sign language, New Kids on the Block, church dances and I could go on and on. You guys are the best. Love ya!

The Meier Family said...

You go every year?! I thought I was only being left out of this one dinner. That's it! Lance and I are going to go on a big trip without all of you! JK- I'm coming next time because I don't know any of your inside jokes and I hate that!

The Egans said...

It was so fun! I love laughing that hard! It is so fun to remember all those fun things from the past! I heard the song "Playin' with the boys" the other day and a flood of memories came flowing! Love you guys!

Jessica said...

That is the cutest story about your grandma. You have the cutest Grandparents ever! Love the kitchen-good work