Saturday, March 21, 2009

I need to paint my toe nails.

I have two adults, in child bodies, living in my home.
The proof is in the following story...

About five days ago Zane was going to bed. He has a little square pillow with a silky blue pillow case. Every night he has to adjust the pillow so the opening is facing down. He is very particular about this. On this night he handed the pillow to me and said, "Dirty Mama. Wash it pweese." I washed it and had it ready for the following night. (Side note-I promise, I do wash things on a regular basis).
Zane slept on it that night and then the next day he said it again. "Dirty Mama. Wash it pweese." I thought I could be tricky and not wash it and put it in his bed.

He caught me and wouldn't sleep with it.

Tonight I tried to trick him again. About three minutes after I put him to bed, I hear his door slam shut. He had thrown the pillow out and shut his door. Seriously. It's like he has his own apartment and I am the lady that does the laundry. If he could write, I think there would have been a nasty note attached.

4 comments:

HORROCKS FAMILY said...

He's so cute and funny! He definitely knows what he wants!

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

That's so funny. Ben is the same way . . .Superman has to be facing up on his pillow case, he has to have his red blankie in hand and his entourage of stuffed animals tucked into the corner. Heaven help us all if any or all are in the laundry during nap time or bedtime.

The Stone's said...

That is so funny. I think Sawyer and Zane should be friends. They have matching sass!

Mary said...

The second child is always the best! I tend to relate to E more than any of my kids because she is second and I know how it feels. GO ZANE!!