A little while ago we were having a conversation with some friends. It was about cuddling with your spouse before you fall asleep. There were three couples having the discussion. We had three different responses.
Sweet Lew and I do the same thing each night. David Letterman (my back-up man if Lew and I divorce) is on. I rub Lew's achy back. He then rolls on his back. We cuddle. When I'm almost to sleep I roll to my right side. Lew rolls to his right side. We cuddle and fall asleep that way. When we wake up in the middle of the night, there is still cuddling. That is pretty much it.
The next couple said they cuddle for a few minutes. They then roll over facing opposite sides and fall asleep.
The last couple said, "Cuddling? I sleep upstairs, and he sleeps downstairs!" Ha Ha! Just to clarify- she was prego at the time and he has some serious sleep apnea. They sleep together now. I keep tabs. Kidding.
So the cuddling doesn't reflect on the closeness, or strength of the relationship. It's just something I was thinking about.
And I'm still curious. If you are reading this, do you cuddle with your love? Do you have a little sleep routine? Or do you want to chop his toe off if it sneaks across that invisible line? Let me know, I'm curious?
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
I'm curious? Cuddle or no cuddle?
Posted by Amber at 9:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Chris & I are similar to you guys. We fall asleep in the same cuddle position that we start it. Usually both of us on our left sides. I do switch sides once or twice in the night and he switches with me. This has only been since he had his tonsils and adnoids removed a few years ago. Before that, we would start out cuddled, but within ten minutes, he ended up on the couch. LOUD SNORING! Thank goodness for tonsilectomys.
Scott and I are the second couple mentioned. I actually sneak in cuddles in the middle of the night if I wake up, but usually roll back over before I'm asleep. Even though we roll over, I like to at least be touching him somwhere. The other night I fell asleep holding his hand, then we are touching, but I can still have wiggle room!!
Well you guys are all too precious. We don't cuddle. My man says I'm a heat pump and that he can't sleep when he's hot. He would cuddle before we're ready to fall asleep if I wanted, but when it's time to sleep...we're totally solo.
But I DO cuddle with my dog all night long. Does this mean my marriage is in trouble???
I am a toe chopper myself. We have an invisible line in the middle of the bed and if he crosses it, off with his head!!
Actually, he has slept on the couch for 7 years because the bed hurts his back, so I have a king all to myself.
We are a good mix of couple #1 and couple #2. Sometimes we fall asleep cuddling and sometimes we don't. When I'm falling asleep I'm a real wiggler and change positions a lot. Sometimes cuddling makes one or the other too hot, but I think we prefer cuddling if it weren't for trying to get comfy and the temperature.
I HATE cuddling, it feels like I'm being smothered. When I'm tired, I just want to go to bed. Trav hates it.
Depending on what else is going on in life, I would say I can be anywhere between Horrocks Family, The toe chopper, the dog cuddler, and Sarah. BUT.....I must admit, I really like to cuddle my little puppy. I love Josh too, but when I stay up until midnight, and he goes to work at 6:00, my dog's usually the only one still awake when I go to bed!;) -Angela-
P.S. Josh just read this and said even when he is still awake, I prefer the dog. But that is just his opinion! :)
We usually cuddle when we first lay down and are chatting about the day. Then once we are ready to sleep we seem to like to be touching somwhere. Either holding hands or feet snuggles. He is a crazy mover so I might get smothered if I am to close!Arlo is exactly the same way.
Post a Comment