Well, we finally got KoKo spayed. The night before I was taking her to the vet, I was explaining to Ruby that KoKo would be staying at the vet overnight. Ruby was really worried about her sleeping there. I told her that she could take a blanket so KoKo could cuddle it while she was in the kennel sleeping. That way she could smell us all night and not be scared. Ruby was happy with that solution.
The next morning we had to have KoKo to the vet by 9:00. While I was getting Zane ready, I noticed Ruby standing in the kitchen watching KoKo. She was holding the blanket for KoKo and quietly wiping away tears from her eyes. She said that she just didn't want KoKo to sleep there overnight. How sweet is that?
All went well with her surgery. We got to pick her up today.The ride home was a little crazy. First KoKo stunk. Like really bad. The kids were plugging their noses the whole way home. Then about 1 mile from our house I heard a splashing sound. KoKo had her head out the window and was peeing all over the passenger seat. And I mean all over. Buckets. While this was going on I was trying to turn left, calming the kids down from the stinky smell of dog urine while forgetting how to shift. Then my too-big-for-the-honda dog, jumps in the back seat and climbs in the back window. When we got home she relieved buckets on the grass and later on the tile. Is this making anyone a little sick? Do you never want to eat from my home again? Well, this was just a little sliver of our crazy day today.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
KoKo Beans
Posted by Amber at 8:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Poor KoKo. You had a rough day. It's a good thing we love our dogs so much, huh.
I just had a great laugh invisioning you with the kids and Koko peeing all over your car-thanks!
PS-Ginger stunk really bad when I picked her up to, what do they do to them????
I still remember (vividly) when me & Shay (she was just little) went to pick up her little "Spunky" after he was neutered. We barely made it outside the vets office and he started to pee....and pee......and pee.....and pee.....Like forever! We got the giggles so bad and passing cars were staring because it just didn't stop! Why do they DO that after surgery?
Your story reminds me of the book Marley and me. I wonder if she held it the whole time she was there? Poor KoKo.
Post a Comment