Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Prep

Yesterday, I had a fun day with the kids. I have been super stressed over little things. Things that are not important. It's been difficult for the kids as well. So I devoted the whole day to them. We snuggled and watched cartoons. There was a mini dance concert on the couch. Lunch was served by the friendly waitress, mom. We filled the Friday quota of making chocolate chip cookies.
Then we busted out the Hannah Montana and Transformers egg dyes. It took a lot of concentration.

This is Zane's squinty eyed look when he is really working hard. Or just eating eggs with the shells still on...

Ruby was quite proud of her orange egg. I really love this girl. She has helped me all week with potty training Zane. I think the runny nose makes this picture complete.


We then played outside.
Zane was keeping a close eye on our worm collection.

Overall, it was a good kid day!
P.S. Why did I not figure out that the tv show The Office is so funny? I've rented season 1 and 2. Hilarious. So funny! I've been missing out.




7 comments:

HORROCKS FAMILY said...

I really think my kids and I need one of those days! Way to be a great Mom and good example to your big sister!!

The Harding Hive said...

Ditto to everything Cassi said. And The Office IS a funny show.

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

Yes--The Office is HILLARIOUS! We love 30 Rock too.

The Egans said...

Such cute kids and they have such a great mom! I love Zane's squinty eyes! The Office is so hilarious! I can't wait to hang out with you again so we can talk about funny Office things!

Sarah said...

You are such a good mom. Maybe my kids could borrow you for a while. I think I'm not doing such a good job lately. The older Office episodes are WAY more funny than the new ones, so you should enjoy that. Okay, I need help. I need to start potty training Bo. How did you do it? My girls were so easy, but I don't know how to do it with a boy. I'm almost willing to pay someone to take him for a week and potty train him for me. He's barely going to be 2 in a couple of weeks, but I actually think he'd do it if I would.

Mary said...

Ruby is looking so much like her daddy! I need to do a kids day, too. Mine are complaining that the baby gets all the attention, so I guess I need to try harder. We miss you guys sooo much!!!

The Stone's said...

AMBER!!! The office is GREAT! Best show of all time! I own all seasons so stop renting and just borrow them from me. Michael Scott is the best man I know, aside from Trev Bev. I love you and your beautiful kids. Ruby brings such joy to my heart! She's so cute!