Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Zane's Birthday! ugh, a week ago...

My boy turned 3 years old! He was born on April 15th. He's a tax day baby! Zane is such a good boy! We tried to have a fun day for him. Zaner woke up to warm cinnamon rolls. Lew made them from scratch. This time he added a little orange zest! They were so worth the calories!

We then let Zane open his presents. Ruby was excited for this part.


We dropped Ruby off at school and then had to run to a few places. If it was not obvious in this picture, Zane loved his new Bumble Bee hat.

When we picked up Ruby from school, we went to McDonald's for lunch. We have never been to the play land at the McDonald's by our house, so we gave it a whirl. The kids did so well! Cassi, Baylee and Deegan came with us too. I loved watching them play. We had a little party for him. He wanted a cake with a B-Ball on it.



Zaner boy got a ton of presents. He is so sweet, he deserved every one of them. He really is such a good boy. He is overall a quite kid. He gets really embarrassed. If I tease him or say how sweet or handsome he is, he will hide. Some times he will just cover his eyes with his arm. Zane loves skin. If he is tired or upset he will just rub my skin, or the skin on his hands. I really love the way that Zane talks. He just gets so excited and his eyes double in size. And then the words just don't come out the way he wants them to. He pronounces words with a little sshhts before he says the word. For instance he will say, sshhtsThomas. It's so funny. And I'm not sure where he gets those big brown eyes. Lewis has soft blue eyes, I have green eyes. There is no one in Lew's immediate family with brown eyes. Cassi has one brown eye and one brown and green eye. Zane did get his big smoocher lips from me and the deep dimples from Sweet Lew. He is completely potty trained and has not had an accident for five days. I sure do love my Zaner boy.



4 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

I love his smoocher lips too. He really is SO cute. And I am so impressed with those cinnamon rolls. Such a cute mom you are! Such a cute family!!!

Mary said...

I can't believe that he is three. You are so lucky to have such a sweet boy!

Jessica said...

Happy B-day Zane! He is such a handsome little thing. That is funny about you and Lewis's eye combo. That's mine & Clints and we ended up with a brown eyed boy too. Wierd

The Egans said...

Looks like a fun birthday! He's so darn cute! I too love his lips!