At Ruby's school they hosted a Daddy, Daughter Date Night. Ruby was ecstatic! She would not stop talking. Ruby can talk for-ev-er, but this was fast ramblings. She was finally going on a date! Two of my loves got dressed up in their finest. While I was helping Ruby get ready I told her some of the key points of a date- Make sure he treats you kindly by opening your doors, and never kiss him on the first date. I recently finished the book The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. He had terminal cancer. Because of this, early death has been on my mind. While I was talking to my 5 year old about dates, it hit me that if something was going to happen to me, I would not get the chance to teach her this stuff. I'm glad I was there for her first date and I hope I get to see her first date at 16 years old too.
At the dance they had fun things for the couples. They had pictures, balloons, cake and as Ruby described it, they did the "pokey-pokey" (hokey pokey).While Ruby and Lew were on their date, Zane and I stayed home and made some sugar cookies. He was my sweet little helper. If Zane is helping in the kitchen he has to wear his apron. Zane does not have his own apron, in this picture he is borrowing Ruby's. If that apron is unavailable he will wear a tiny bib from when he was a baby. Zane loves to cook. To put minds at ease, if I ever make something to give away, I don't let the kids help. Little germ carriers. I hope everyone had a fun Valentine's Day!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Valentines Events
Posted by Amber at 8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Whatever! Your Valentine's Day was a blast! You each got a date with a kid...that's so fun! Ruby's hair looks gorgeous and I love Zane's apron!
Amber, I know this is so out of the blue, but this is Amy Petersen (elementary school best friend) :) I came across your blog the other day and was so excited to see your beautiful family!! It’s been so long!! I was wondering if you would be interested in exchanging e-mails. I would love to know how life has been for you over the years :) I have a private blog and would be happy to invite you if you would like. My e-mail address is amy.norby@gmail.com if you’re interested in getting in touch. Once again, it was so fun to see pictures of you and your family :) Your kids are adorable!
Post a Comment