Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lovin' the kids

I Love the odd things that Ruby and Zane say. This may be a prime example of when only the parent thinks something is funny.

Me: Hey Ruby and Zane, don't share your grapes with Dewie because they will make her really sick, okay? (Ruby likes to be a co-parent, so she supplements my instructions to Zane with her instructions)

Ruby: Yea, because then her butt will turn purple.



After purchasing some gummy rats from Ikea I asked Zane if he liked the taste of them. He replied, "Of Course!" and then slyly handed me the remainder of his rat.

When Zane asks for a piece of bread he wants the brown bread. He also loves pears and pressure cooker chicken. What a healthy eating odd kid.


Ruby told me that her back is always itchy. So I explained to her that in the winter our skin gets a little itchier because of the weather and being indoors, blah blah. She paused for a few seconds and then said, "Yea. Because if you look outside in the summer there are ants all over. But in the winter, they are all frozen. So how do they come in and make my back all itchy?"

Zane can spell Mississippi.

Good night!

3 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Stone's said...

They are so cute! Love the ant story! Let's play soon!

The Harding Hive said...

What a great idea...to post about all your loves. I love the purple butt story.