Two years ago today I had to put my dog Hewie to sleep. It still breaks my heart every day.
Instead of being sad though, I thought I would share 5 things that I love about her.
1. Her smile. See picture above. Hewie could really smile. It's not photoshop or anything. She had the best doggie smile.
2. When I would feed her and Dewie in the morning, we would have a routine where I would give her a few pieces of food. If I just set it down on the ground she would not eat it. I had to toss it to her and then she would dig in!
3. I loved how she would hold her chewies with her little paws and she would have her head on the ground and her butt in the air.
4. I would grab her back legs and she would stretch out the rest of her body.
5. She was my door bell, my little protector, and she was always near me, no matter what.
It feels dumb, but I had to mark this day somehow. I miss my little monkey. She only lived for 8 years, and I'm grateful I was able to share them with her.
1. Her smile. See picture above. Hewie could really smile. It's not photoshop or anything. She had the best doggie smile.
2. When I would feed her and Dewie in the morning, we would have a routine where I would give her a few pieces of food. If I just set it down on the ground she would not eat it. I had to toss it to her and then she would dig in!
3. I loved how she would hold her chewies with her little paws and she would have her head on the ground and her butt in the air.
4. I would grab her back legs and she would stretch out the rest of her body.
5. She was my door bell, my little protector, and she was always near me, no matter what.
It feels dumb, but I had to mark this day somehow. I miss my little monkey. She only lived for 8 years, and I'm grateful I was able to share them with her.

2 comments:
I can't even imagine how life will be without my Zack. I'm glad you posted this. Thanks for sharing.
I miss little Hew too! I remember when I came to say goodbye and she lifted her head up off the couch and gave me that huge smile!! Sweet little dog!!
Post a Comment