On Thursday my cousin Andrew was married. He is a member of the Sandall Family. I was lucky enough to be roommates with his sister Amanda. I loved it.She is so funny and I'm glad that we are still in touch. I loved being able to get to know that side of my family better. And I love the Sandall's! The mom and dad have such a great relationship. I admire them and the fun they have together. Anytime I am around them, my sides start to hurt from laughing so hard. They enjoy one another and I just love each one of them. The Sandalls are genuine people. Anyways, on wednesday we went to a dinner for him and his love. It was very beautiful and WOW was it entertaining! While the dinner was being served and eaten, the couple's immediate family presented the guests with a program. Within such a short time frame we heard songs (the bride's dad is in Mo-Tab and he was phenomenal), viewed beautiful art, cried with the precious stories, and doubled over in laughing hysterics. My most favorite moment was watching my sensitive and sweet cousin Andrew tell a story with his back to us and his butt cheeks clenched. It was hilarious and will go down as one of the best wedding dinners ever!
I also had a small moment where the world kind of slowed down and changed my view on things. When I go to all of the fun wedding things I have always been in the moment of- Hey, I'm in the same age range! We're in the same situation! It's always been, "I'm a newlywed!" or "We're a new little family, with small kids". But it hit me like a ton of bricks! When my aunt and uncle were telling stories, and the brother and sisters were telling stories about the couple, I'm not in the same wave anymore! All-too-soon, I'm going to be the parent telling funny things about my kids. I'm going to be saying goodbye and handing their heart over to someone else! And if they marry someone younger, that someone may not even be born yet! What the heck? Can you see the panic I'm feeling. It's gonna happen too fast and too soon!
Friday, February 5, 2010
I Love a good wedding
Posted by Amber at 10:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ah, that's so cute. I loved being your roommate! Andrew is a crack- up, the next day he was telling Anna all of the one liners he forgot. I know exactly what you mean about not being in that age group anymore. We're old folks now!
I love hearing about cute Amanda and her family. I totally got that about her parents and I only saw them together a total of two or so times. I cant believe we are on the other wave-I have been having these same realizations a lot lately...It is so weird to be grown up...and growing old ahhhhh! how did it happen. It seems like just yesterday we were in little red switching lawn furniture and trying to outsmart a cop by parking in a circle and ducking down in your car (not one of our wiser decisions....)
TOtally know what you are saying about the being older thing. I have been feeling that way lately as I have been cleaning and organizing and getting rid of all my baby stuff. It's a wierd feeling to realize you are out of one stage of life and on to another, without even really realizing it.
That's funny because Scott was telling me that these "kids" came to the door the other day. I asked him how old (thinking like 10-11). He said they were probably about 19 or 20. That made me feel old!
Post a Comment