Well, it's about time! Zane has been complaining that his toddler bed is "too small". So the other day we realized that we have all the goods to transform his bed into a double. Hello?! Zane has slept so good. He was really happy about the switch. Ruby wanted to sleep in Zane's bed with him, but they were playing too much, and it was a school night.
Today we decorated our gingerbread houses. I really like traditions. For about the past 15 years I've been attempting gingerbread houses. I tried it with my roommates in college. Those were the days of graham cracker houses and eating most of the decorations. Lew and I have had a few gingerbread house making parties. My friend, Nicole, usually kicks every one's butt. She is an art teacher and has some great ideas. One year we made homemade gingerbread. It didn't turn out too well. The kits are pretty fancy. This year we tried the gingerbread village. It comes with 5 little houses, so we all got to pick our own little cottage. I have learned something over the years- the houses fall in really, really easy. So this year I built them the night before, the icing hardened and the kids were able to decorate without the house collapsing.
Side note- Ruby is not a fan of Hitler, she is getting over a cold. poor thing.
Zane has designed a single family rambler model. One side of the roof has colored specks, the other side has a few junior mints, m&m's and most of the icing licked off. The foundation of the home is very solid, despite the angle the designer is tipping it.
Can you see the look of mischief in his eyes?
This little inn has been given the quickest of all decorations. It has a pastel theme throughout. The chimney is fully edible and has delicious purple windows.
And the last bungalow we are showing has been made by Lewis. It has a warm thick roof, with Junior mint insulation. The green front lawn is healthy. The yellow door knob highlights the blue path to this cozy home.
Can you see the look of mischief in his eyes?
Why does my Sweet Lew have a tube coming out of his nose? Did he take me serious when I told him- "Up your nose with a rubber hose?"
Nope.
Lew had a fun little test today. First they swabbed his nose to numb it. Then a tube was inserted. The tube had knobs on them. It was stuffed all the way down to his stomach. It was in his guts for about 15 minutes to measure the pH levels. After that one was removed they inserted this thing. It's called a Esophageal manometry. This tube is also in his stomach and the sensors are measuring the pH for 24 hours. Lew has a little purse attached and he has to push buttons and journal everything that is going on. He hasn't been too happy about this test. And who can blame him? So far he is doing pretty well. The tube is hurting his throat. I did have a bit of fun at his expense. When he swallows food, his stomach is digesting and it makes the tube move in and out of his nose a little. I laughed so hard I was crying. I do feel bad for him. Lew has been having stomach problems for almost three years now. He has tried so many different concoctions and nothing is working. This summer he ate pb&j sandwiches for breakfast and lunch because that was the only thing that didn't hurt. So cross your fingers that the doctors can figure this out.

2 comments:
I AM INDEED crossing my fingers for Lew. Poor guy. What fun gingerbread houses. You crack me up. I loved your advertising on each house.
Poor Lewis! That's awful! Have you ever thought about becoming a realtor... I think it's your destiny!
Post a Comment