Friday, December 18, 2009

7 more days....

Only 7 more days until Christmas! I'm so excited!
We went to Temple Square on Wednesday night to look at the lights. It was a warmer day for this time of year. My mom came with our little fam. I don't think she had been there for the lights for a few years. We rode on Trax.
We walked in.
We walked past the Visitors Center, the Tabernacle, the best RED tree, and then the
east side of the temple with the beautiful pond. Is that what it's called?
And then we were out of there..
I was able to get about three pictures.
Lew is not a fan of the casual stroll.
And if you are not a crowd person, don't go on a Wednesday night.
I forgot that there would be groups for their young men and young women's activities. whoops.
It was a beautiful night and our Christmas is not complete with out a trip to the temple.
Just a quick story-
Yesterday, Zane fell and got hurt. It was just a little scratch.
In all of his anguish, he managed to choke out, "Ohhhh. I need to open a present."
Last night I was making cupcakes for Zane's preschool. He wanted to eat the batter.
I told him no because it is ca ca. (ya know, raw eggs)
Zane replied, "Mom! I like ca ca things!"
My Grandpa has some funny sayings. For instance, "That's goofier than a wooden watch."
Or if he is offered food that he doesn't want he will say, "Nope, just had a bar of soap."
When it is time to leave-, "Well, I'm off like a dirty shirt"
Today I heard him say, "He's as backwards as a left handed wrench"
Happy Festivus

0 comments: