Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Dance Concert 2009

On Thursday Ruby had her Christmas Dance concert. Every other year the studio has a big concert with all the dancers. This year we got to watch her in the studio. I like watching in the cozy studio because it is 45 minutes of watching my sweet girl up close. We are able to see how she has learned so much and how she has improved. I also like watching a big concert with all the girls. It has a special touch of Christmas magic to it. Either way it makes the season feel more like Christmas. Here are the girls sitting on bench while their teacher, Kelly, is talking to the parents.

This is all of the beautiful dancers. They did so well. I love to watch Ruby dance. She is always so concerned about being on her spot. It cracks me up. She is so excited to dance. With the audience sitting so close, she would try to hold her smile in and when she does that she looks just like Lewis. I love it.
And here is my pretty dancer. She has been practicing all of the techniques and has really improved. She is doing really good with her leaps. I usually have the radio on all day and Ruby loves to dance. Ruby is so creative and beautiful. I'm so very proud of her and love her so much. The other day she was telling me some make believe story. She had been rambling and rambling so I wasn't paying a lot of attention. Then I heard, (in a sweet southern accent) "It was the sweetest thing I have ever tasted" I was just waiting for her to throw in -I do declare!
On a side note. Each dancer got to pick a candy cane off of the Christmas tree. They were PINK, and they were GUM! Have you ever heard of something so fabulous?! It was like Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory right there! If anyone knows where to get these scrumptious treats, please let me know.

3 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

She IS SOOOOOOOO pretty. Those candy canes are fabulous. All of the little girls are so excited when they find out they are gum. I will find out where she got them for you!

Mary said...

I got some at target on Saturday. They were bubblicious brand. The ones we got had a little sweet cane on the outside and bubblegum on the inside. $2.50 a box and really yummy! Ruby is so pretty, by the way!

The Egans said...

What a beautiful Ruby!