Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sweet Lew

Warning- I'm going to declare my love to my one and only true love. If you have a weak stomach for romance, skip this post.
I love my Sweet Lew. It is his birthday on Friday, August 28th. He will be turning 32. I must share how much I love him. I love Lew from the top of my head, to the tips of my toes. He brings happiness to me. He lights up my whole day. Some mornings he will wake up with enthusiasm and be so funny and charming. He has a silliness about him. If there is a situation when things are in high tension mode, he will make a joke, or goof around he will lighten every ones mood. At times he looks intimidating, but it is just his shyness.

Lewis is always willing to help people. He is non-judgemental. He gives people second chances, and can be friends will so many different types of people.
Lewis has a strong work ethic. He never sits down. As soon as he is home from work, he is working on another project. He does not stop. Lew has worked at the same job for 11 years now. He has worked there through cancer, supporting our family so I can raise our babies and now finishing up his bachelors degree. At work Lewis has to work out in the weather. He deals with 100+ temperatures and in the winter he works in the freezing cold. He has had muscle aches, cuts, and burns, but he never complains about wanting a new job. He works hard. He helps out people in need. He is always helping our friends, family and neighbors. Lewis just bleeds goodness. He has a funny sense of humor and adds so much fun to our family. Lew is always ready for an adventure. He is honest, and will tell me the truth, even if it hurts a little. I can count on him. Lewis is on my team. As we move through life, you find out who will always be there during the ups and downs. Lewis is the type of person that will be there. He never lets me down. I know that I can always depend on him. He is responsible and he loves his family. Our kids will always be protected. Lewis will go through the house each night and check all the doors and windows. He has vampire-like reflexes. If there is any type of emergency Lewis has such a quick mind, that I never have to question him.
Lewis has such a sweet side to him as well. I always get compliments from him. At work, Lewis will listen to Dr. Laura on the radio (I think she is an idiot). But every once-in-a-while she will say something good, and Lewis pays attention. He will tell me the good advice and then build upon it. If I talk to him about a suggestion in our marriage, maybe a way to improve something, he will change it, and not forget about my suggestions. He knows that we all change, all the time and he is flexible to make the changes. Lewis knows that I am crazy if I don't exercise, so in his busy schedule he makes sure that I get my daily dose.
I am so honored to have married such a sweet man. I feel loved, protected, and happy that I have him in my life. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary. I love him more everyday.
Lew, you are the Biggest Sweetheart in the Whole, Wide World.

4 comments:

Amber said...

This Lew you talk about has got to be all in your head. Seriously!

Jessica said...

What a lucky girl to have such a great guy! Happy anniversary.

The Egans said...

I like romantic posts! I love hearing about happiness because there is a lot of unhappiness in the world, so it's a breath of fresh air to hear good things about people's happy lives! I am glad you have Lew too. You are the cutest and deserve to have a good one!

The Harding Hive said...

Great post. Happy anniversary and Happy birthday to Lew.