Last weekend we went up to Strawberry Reservoir. My grandparents own a cabin near the lake. Lew's parents, Raney and Ty, and Joey's family came up there with us. Larry (Lew's dad) has a fishing boat he brought it and his camper. We parked it near the lake and the boat never stopped. The lake was beautiful and the weather was perfect. The water was smooth like glass.

Ruby and Zaner thought they were holding the ship at bay.
I couldn't resist taking this shot. Larry had bought the kids some Dora the Explorer life vests. I love the between the leg straps!
Zane got a new tackle box. He was loving the boat. It was so hot that Lew showed him to dip his hat in the water and put it back on. About every 5 minutes, Zane was dippin in the lake.

Ruby caught her first fish! We had gutted it to catch craw-dads, and then we wanted to fry it up. Ruby would not allow it. She was insistent that she showed the fish to Cassi first. Not her best buddy
Baylee. Cassi. It was really sweet.

Ruby and I in the boat. You can see Grandpa Larry in the back. I have a fear of water, so this was a little scary for me. I had to keep reminding myself to breath in, and breath out. It made me so nervous to see my kids in such a little piece of metal, on a big piece of water. Breath in, breath out.

Zane was a pro at casting out his line and reeling it in. Doesn't Lew look like a trusty boy scout?

We didn't get to spend too much time at the cabin. We did go on a good little hike and watch a movie. Usually we have a difficult time with the kids sleeping up there. It gets really dark and kind of scary for kids. Once we even drove home at midnight because they were so unhappy. This time, they slept in the bed, all night! For two whole nights!

Zane was still so happy to play with
McKade. And
McKade was such a good sport to be playing with a kid so much younger than him. If Zane was not playing with him, or holding his hand then Zane would panic and yell, "Where's my boy?"

Here's is one of the stinky craw-dads that was caught. Yuck.

Joey boiled up these guys and ate them. Again, Yuck.

Whoops. Here is a picture of us taking a stroll around the lake. Check out sassy Ruby. Next to her is Kristy, Jo, McKenzie,
Raney and Zane.
How old, is too old for some one to have acne? Really, why do I have zits? And how long is this going to last?
1 comments:
Oh so fun. I love to go fishing at Strawberry. I use to fish and camp there all the time. I don't know if I can camp anymore bcause I am extremely scared of bears. I don't mind boats but I don't like the water either. I think we watched too many jaws movies when we were little!
Post a Comment