I just have to relay this story.
It was Cassi and Scott's 10 year anniversary on Friday.
They had decided years ago that they would go to Hawaii for the big event. They bought the tickets and all was set.
In the meantime, my mom is building a house. I will show some pictures on my next post. She just closed on Friday. Cassi and Scott just sold their house and they are moving in with my mom in her basement while they find a home. When they get back from Hawaii they will have about two weeks to pack up, and get out of there. They have to finish a bathroom in their basement. My mom's basement is not finished, so there has to be some work done so it is livable. It has been very stressful for all. This vacation has been needed.
The flight was scheduled for Sunday morning, departing at 9am. Around 11am, Cassi called and said that they had been sitting in the plane for two hours. First it was delayed because of bad weather in Denver. The flight was going to go to Denver and then to Oahu. After it was clear to take off, the engine had trouble. After that was fixed, some guy was too nervous and had to get off the plane.
They finally reached Denver, but missed the connecting flight. The airlines booked them a flight for the next day to depart at 11am. Cassi pulled out the -oh, no you didn't, and they were going to leave at 4pm and go to San Fran and then on to Oahu. Well 5, count em' FIVE tornadoes touched down in Denver so the airport closed.
I'm not sure how, but they were able to get out of there. They were going to land in Oahu around midnight. I'm hoping the trip goes a little smoother than this. Good Luck Cass and Scott!
Monday, June 8, 2009
Aloha?
Posted by Amber at 9:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh.My.Gosh...what a nightmare! I hope they made it safe and sound, and I hope they have a great time. Poor them in the meantime, though. I hate airports.
I hate airports too! We've been through something similar on our trip to Africa. We had a 21 month old and I was pregnant! No fun! But it all works out! I hope they have such a great time!!!
Post a Comment