About two weeks ago, Ruby and I got our hair cut. We normally have my sweetheart of a cousin, Missy, cut our hair. Our schedules did not match up, so I went to a sweetheart of a girl, Jana. She is very nice. Our girls took dance together two years ago. Anyway, my hair had the color applied and then it was Ruby's turn.
Have I mentioned that Ruby has super curly hair? Curly hair = lots of tangles and knots in your hair. And Ruby has a sensitive head. Combing out her hair takes a very, very, long time. So Jana was brushing out Ruby's hair and we're just gabbing away. I glanced at Ruby. My poor little Noodle had silent tears running down her cheeks! She didn't say anything that it was killing her head. Oh, I felt so bad. She is such a sweet girl. She was not having a good time. And then enter, The Kitty.
Ruby loves cats. She has looked at cats through protective glass, but never touched a real one. We gave her a movable, toy cat for Christmas. This is as close as it's going to get at our house. Cats freak me out. They are creepy and they bite you when they like you? This does not make sense.
Anyway, Jana's new kitty came down to the salon in her basement. It's name is Petty. I caught it and placed it on Ruby's lap. Ruby had the sweetest, most sincere reaction. She looked down at the fuzzy, black cat and her eyes widened in amazement. I think her heart skipped a few beats. And then a smile broke across her face. The pain of the hair brushing was long forgotten. Petty had saved the day. I will forever remember that moment.
Not enough to buy her a cat.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Snip, Snip
Posted by Amber at 9:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That little look on her face makes me sad!! Poor thing!
Oh, sweet Ruby! That made me want to cry too! I think cats are kinda creepy too!
Post a Comment