Friday, February 6, 2009

My Taxes are D.O.N.E!

Yea, so I just finished this book.
I'm not happy.
If you are going to read this book, stop reading this now...
I'm not giving away anything big. But here we go..
This book has eight stories. It has all kinds of relationships in these stories. Jhumpa is a wonderful writer. The stories are beautifully written. She can describe things in such a way that it makes your mouth water. A robe was described as the color of watermelon's flesh.
Now here is my big, fat But. Or Butt, either way...
There are no happy endings! Not one! What the heck? What has happiness ever done to her? Why could not one, stinking story end without the sour taste of the husband secretly loving a childhood friend? Or someone is dead? Or the worst, you are left wondering what happened? I thought that the loose ends would be tied up some time. No! The last three stories are about the same people. Don't be expecting something good to happen though.
I think I will read another book by this author. She is a Pulitzer-Prize winning author, but dang lady, could you add something uplifting?
My next book was once on Oprah's book club. I've never heard anything good about her list of books. Has anyone read a good one? I'll let you know about this next one...

This book screwed up my month of Love.

1 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

Yes, I would not like that book. I only like books and movies with happy endings. Call me shallow, but I will stick with Cinderella and Free Willy. I am so proud of you to read so many books. That is why you are so smart. On a side note...Austin is moved into the 9:00 class. YAY!!! That will be so fun! Love ya.