Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Run, Run, Rudolph!!!!

I'm reading this book called, Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's insightful and funny. I like a quote in the book and wanted to throw it out there for all to enjoy...
The Bhagavad Gita (Hindu Scripture) says, "It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection."

4 comments:

The Meier family said...

Thanks for sharing that, Amber! I think I needed that today!

kelly said...

I really loved some of the nuggets like this one in that book. I underlined so many good things in that book, but you picked a fav.

It's hard to come up with titles, huh?

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

I haven't read that book yet . . .you seem to be liking it then, huh?

Jessica said...

I loved this book! there were so many insightful ideas and quotes.It really changed the way I think about life and myself. one of my favorites was when she said "Socrates said the unexamined life is not worth living, but I would just like to have an unexamined lunch" I laughed out loud-that is so me! I could relate to her struggles so much. enjoy!