Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Kid stories

I have a few funny kid nuggets to write about...

Lately Ruby will say, "Mom, can I tell a joke? Um, Santa walked in the room and bumped his leg. Funny huh?" She makes them up, and they are never funny. But she loves to tell them to me.

Zane likes to take his toy cars and toy farm equipment and play in the dirt of my plants. The only problem is that A. It kills my plants, and B. it makes a mess on the floor. After telling the kid 600 times to stop playing in the dirt, we came up with a dumb idea. We went to Lowes and bought a shallow Tupperware tote. We then bought 50 pounds of play sand. We poured the sand in and let the kids play for hours in the sand. It was in our house so they would be warm. Fun for kids, not for mom and dad. It is so, so messy. But they liked it. We may let them play in it again when I forget what a mess it makes. Or I may get a cat and let it poop in it.

Today Zane had a thing with making a high pitched squeal. I wanted to deck him in the nose. But then he does something so cute it erases all the violent thoughts. In the mornings I let the kids watch a few cartoons. There are only two that they really like to watch and then they play with toys on the other cartoons. It's a nice time for me to get a few things done. (It sounds like this is forever, but I really don't let them watch very much TV). In between the shows a guy named Steve Songs comes on and sings a little ditty. Today Zane came and got me by both hands, and drug me into the front room. He proceeded to dance around the room with me while holding hands. He is such a sweet boy.

Have I mentioned that Ruby sings or talks about 80% of the day? And all of the songs are sung with so much gusto! She has an innocent voice and tries to sing like Sleeping Beauty. The little song she was singing today went like this...
I'm just a good girl, a good girl.
I'm just a good girl for Santa Clause.
He can make all my dreams come true.
There's my belly button.
I'll show my belly button to myself.
I'm a cute girl.
I'm just a cute girl.

I had to hide in the closet so she would not see me laughing so hard. She's a creative one. I sure do love her.

4 comments:

kelly said...

awesome. all of it.

The Harding Hive said...

What a great idea about the dirt. You are such a good mom. My kids would love to live with you. Can I send them over???

I think that we might be seeing Ruby in a few years on American Idol.

Is Lewis really reading New Moon? Chris read all of them.

Bammy said...

Oh my heck, my stomach is hurting from laughing so hard at Ruby's little song. That was so Shayla when she was little! Actually all my kids loved to make up songs, but Shayla was the non-stop performer. Such fun memories. What would we do without little ones to make the world wonderful?

Jessica said...

I really got a good laugh from Ruby's little song. What a little character! Seriousely, what did we do before kids? I know the entertainment wasnt as good