Monday, December 8, 2008

Brotherly Love

It snowed today. Zaner loves the snow. He ran to each window in the house to make sure the snow was covering all areas. I told him we were going to Costco and to get his coat. He got his coat and gloves. On the way to the car he scooped up a handful of snow. Zane told me he had to show Woobee (Ruby). She was in school and had over an hour until she got out. Zane held his hand in a little cup form and held the snow. I gave him a little plastic cup to put it in, but he would have none of that. He just continued to say, "Show Woobee". While driving to Costco he would call out, "Woobee, Where are you?" We then got into Costco, picked up a few things and he still had the handful of snow. He would glance at it every once in a while to make sure it was still there. At the end of the shopping trip it had melted to a one inch ball. He saw it. He ate it. I think he was very sweet to think about Ruby and wanting to share his happiness. I hope they will always have these little caring moments for each other.

6 comments:

kelly said...

That is just so sweet.

Mandy1 said...

Oh I miss the snow. And I being able to see all of you this Christmas. I can't find your email address anywhere so here is mine: mandy1peck@gmail.com

Jessica said...

That is so cute! what a sweet little brother.
PS I would love to borrow a copy of book #3 if you dont mind. I just finished #2 ahhhhhhhhh!

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

What a thoughtful brother.

The Harding Hive said...

That is such a great story. What a cute brother.

Sarah said...

Hey Amber. Yes, Claire is in Sara's class this year but she's changing next year to Shayna (I believe). Ivie also had Sara two years ago. I love Sara, she is so good with them. I'm kind of sad Claire won't have her in January. I'll see you tomorrow night!