I'm drawin' a blank. All the time I think.. Ooooh, oooh. I could put that on my blog. But right now, there's nothing. We had a great little Christmas. There were a few things that I really enjoyed. I will list them now...
I love how kids get so excited for Christmas. It makes the whole event more magical. They love Santa and they mystery of everything to do with him. Ruby has been so worried about how Santa is going to get in our house.
I love how at least once a year people are a little more kind and giving. We think about Jesus more. In Primary they had costumes for the kids to dress up as someone in the manger. It was very touching. The music director took a second to tell us to remember this little scene during Christmas day. All of the adults in the room had tears streaming down our faces. It focused our attention as to why we celebrate Christmas at all.
I love that my Sweet Lew has time off from school. He is able to play with the kids more. Ruby and Zane love him so much. Sometimes during the semester we get so busy that we forget how much fun it is to have him here every night. He loves us so much and misses us too. I get so amazed at how wonderful Lewis is. He has the best common sense. He makes my life so much better and easier. Boy did I luck out on that one!
Zane is able to pronounce more words lately. The other night he said, "Goodnight Dad, wove you. Goodnight KoKo, wove you, Goodnight Dewie, wove you." And then tonight he wanted to wake Ruby up to give her a kiss. I love it when the two get along so well. Ruby has been such a big sister to Zane. If he drops something she will pick it up. If he is crying she will go get him his favorite toy and say, "Here you go little buddy".
I'm very thankful for my mom. She always spoils us at Christmastime. She always gives us fun gifts. Every year she give us a gift card to a good restaurant. I love that and look forward to it! Our kids also get really spoiled by Grandma Deb. It's not just the gifts I love though. She is wonderful, and I'm very grateful to have her as my mom.
I'm thankful for the fun family activities that we do around Christmas. There are the usual parties on Christmas day that is always fun to see the fam. This year my cousin McKade was the entertainment. He played with Ruby and Baylee's microphone. He gave us a mini concert singing Hanna Montana. Kade was so funny. He would say-Oh, you wanna see it from the backside? Then he would turn around and shake his booty. Ruby was in awe.
We also had a fun time with Lew's family. The day after Christmas we went to his sister, Margot's house. There was lots of good food! We then took the kids to a Lehi swimming pool. That thing was awesome. There was a little area just for kids 5 and under. There were two slides. Then there was this huge bucket. It slowly fills up with water and then tips over into the pool. They have one at the Kearns outdoor pool as well. This one really scared Zane. He would book it out of the pool every time the thing tipped over. He would just squat on the side. Ahh, that kid is funny.
I sure can type a lot when I don't have anything to say. Sorry. This was boring. But it's nice to have documented sometimes. This is a shot of Ruby lovin' her new dog from Grandma Deb. The little kitty is from Santa. It's not real, but it acts real. That is the closest thing to a cat that we will have in our house.
This is a quick shot of Zaner's faux-hawk. The kids hair is just too curly. I used mouse, gel, hairspray, blow dryer and a flat iron. His hair just continued to curl up!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Lewis is reading New Moon!
Posted by Amber at 10:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment