Friday, December 19, 2008

My Favorite Pants!

I strongly dislike the snow. No. That's not harsh enough. I hate the snow. H-A-T-E. There is nothing that I really like about the snow. Except for now... My kids love it. The snow makes them happy, so I'll endure. But as soon as Christmas is over, I expect 90 degrees outside and flowers to start blooming. Last week when it snowed, we played outside with the kids. We have a small hill in our back yard. Perfect for a little tubbin'. I have a funny video, but I couldn't get it on here.

Zane wanted to just mow it all up. If that worked, I would have done it a while ago. He still looks like a boy in those boots, right?

Then two days ago, I was in the kitchen cooking dinner. I heard footsteps and then a loud thump, followed by crying. I'm not sure what happened, but this is what Zane looked like after the thump. Can you see that big lump in all the curly locks?

Did I mention I don't like the snow? Well, today after shoveling the driveway, I was shoveling a path for Dewie in the backyard. Her legs are only about 5 inches long. Unless I want poop on the porch, this is a necessity. We played in the backyard some more and Lew came up with a great idea! We have a little play house. And we built it into an igloo! This has been a goal for me a Lew our whole lives! Both of us have gotten close, but never completed an igloo. I remember one time at my Grandma Draper's house, my cousins and I got really close. My Grandpa Draper was helping us. And then I had to go home. But we finally did it today!
I know that it looks like Ruby is flipping the camera off. She doesn't know about that yet. I'm waiting to teach her that in kindergarten.






3 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

That is so fun. Can I come over and sit in your igloo? I have always wanted to do that too, and never have.

The Egans said...

Super fun pics of your family! Fun times in the snow! I remember building (or trying to) igloos when we were young. Those were the days...we had a lot of fun together. But, my favorite memories, of course, are singing FootLoose!

The Egans said...

Or singing the "Quadradruplet Draper" song.