This is my Reggae Rudolph dancin' girl! She is so cute! I'm so proud of this girl!
Okay, I will start from the beginning. Ruby takes dance from Shellie's School of Dance. The Christmas Dance concert was on Friday night. Shellie has owned and taught at this studio for 25 years. She even taught me! Now there are nine dance teachers with a gazillion students. Three of the teachers are my talented cousins. I have to tell you this concert is so magical! It has such a wonderful feeling of Christmas. The costumes are dazzling! The girls are fantastic dancers! On every single dance, the dancers knew each step. They were not watching for the teachers to show them what to do! Even the little three year-olds, they knew the dance!
So I take Ruby to the school. The plan is to take the girls back to the gym at 6:30. Doors open for the famlies to get buns in seats at 6:30. Show begins at 7. I explained this to Ruby. I am not with her 24 hours a day, all day, every day. She goes to school. She goes to dance. But she would not stay in the gym without me.!!!???? She has friends there. She had Baylee there. She had Shayla, Sara, and Dayna there. Nope. Just momma would do. So after about 40 minutes of tears, all of her stage make-up on my shirt, and I resorted to bribery, I was able to leave her there. I did good. I didn't cry in front of her. I knew she would be just fine. It was her classes turn to dance and she was right on stage, all smiles. She looked beautiful. She even got into the dance and shook her little booty. I was so elated! My mom worded the experience correctly, "I aged about 7 years that night". I've never seen her be so scared! And I could not understand it because she was with friends and family? After it was over she wanted to know when the spring concert was going to be, so she could go play in the fun play land again (the gym).Then on Saturday we had Lew's family party. All of his brothers and sisters were there, minus one sister. His single brother even brought a hot Asian girl as a date! We went out to eat at Buca di Beppo. It was madness with that many people, but a lot of fun.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Elevator sickness
And to make things even better... Wednesday is Lew's last final!!!! Yahooo! And he figured out that he has 8 more classes to take. The tentative graduation date is Spring of 2010!!!! yahoooo!!!
Posted by Amber at 11:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Amber, Ruby did SO good at the concert! I never would have known that she had such a hard time! Little stinker! She's adorable! Wish I would have seen you there!
ohhh! she looks so beautiful and I am glad she got out there and did so great. My little guy is timid and doesnt want me out of his sight so I feel ya! it sounds like your fam had a great time taking trax to-isnt it a great way to see the lights?
-1/3 through the book, its even better than the last one!!!
Ruby is so cute. I love her. It is pretty scary, at first glance, back in that wrestling room. I would be scared. They all eventually love it!
I LOVE your pic at temple square. Especially because Lew is holding the diaper bag. We have so many pics where Chris is holding the diaper bag. But the best part is that Zane has pink tights on and didn't want to take off the Strawberry Shortcake boots. Oh, how I know what your going through!
Ruby is so cute. And they did do great for 3 year olds. I think you should use that family pic for your next Christmas card- so cute!
That was so sad that Ruby was sad, but she did absolutely FABULOUS!!!!! And now, as Shellie would say, she's a "veteran" so she'll have no worries for spring! And hooray for graduation in 2010!! Isn't it great to have some light at the end of the tunnel? Trev will be done in the fall of 09... hopefully!
Post a Comment