Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just a suggestion...

Just a quick suggestion...
GET A FLU SHOT!!!
Lew got one. Zane got one.
Ruby and I have not gotten one. It would be pointless now. We have both had the flu!
She was so sick last week. She is finally getting some color in her little face. I hate to see my girl feeling so yucky. She is so brave. When she was done throwing up, she would say in a sweet little voice, "I think I'm done." It just breaks my heart to see my baby so sick.
And then I got sick. It wasn't fun. I'm not gonna lie. Luckily my mom is on vacation this week. She was able to take Ruby to school on Monday. Lewis took off the rest of the day to take care of me and the kids. Both of them helped so much. The only glitch was that I was getting my hair cut on Monday night.
I love getting my hair cut.
I would do it every day if I could. My cousin, Missy, was driving to Magna to cut me and Cassi's hair. So I had to go.
When I got there Missy was ready. The chair was in place, smock on and scissors in hand. I sat down and two minutes later I had to puke. When I was done, I felt better, so I thought we would try it again. A few minutes later I was feeling queasy. I called for Lew to help me. I stood up. And bam. I passed out...
And barfed a few times....

But the show must go on!
Missy continued to cut my hair. She does a great job, by the way. When she was done, I barfed again! I do love the cut though. Missy can add this story to her list of worst clients ever.

And this past weekend we painted our kitchen. And we had Lew's parents staying at our house. And Lew had a ton of homework.

On a non-gross subject, Ruby had Indian day in school today. All the girls got a little Indian doll. They had their faces painted. I have included her picture. Next week they have the Thanksgiving harvest.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

ok, that sounds like a nightmare. How are you feeling now? It sounds like it was a really nasty flu! I hope both you and Ruby are feeling better. Question for you, I noticed you and Cassi have these adorable backgrounds on your blog pages to fit with seasons etc. How do you do that?

The Egans said...

Poor Ruby! I'm glad you guys are doing better and I'm going to go schedule flu shots!

Rachel said...

Hi Amber! This is Rachel (Sara's sister in law) I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog, but seeing as how I wasn't quite sure what your children's names were and stuff, that it might be nice to find out. And seeing as how we keep seeing eachother so much lately! (How'd you like Twilight by the way?)
If you're confused about why I keep showing up to preschool and dance, when I don't even have a child enrolled in either, it's because, I usually watch my neice Shannon on wednesdays, so that's why I've been hanging around those places so much! Anyway, if you'd like to email me back about twilight, so we don't spoil it for anyone else, you can at rachhard.79@comcast.net otherwise we can just chat on our blogs!!
Good to see you so much! And I'm sorry you and your daughter got so sick! I HATE the stomach flu, it's a pure nightmare!
(sorry about the novel I've now left on your comment page)

The Harding Hive said...

Oh Amber! Poor! I hate the flu. I would rather have strep throat than throw up. I love Ruby. She is one tough cookie.

The Harding Hive said...

And I want to know what you thought about Twilight too. Maybe we should all go to dinner and talk about it. Actually, I can't wait that long, so just call me or write on my blog. Love ya.