We had a Happy Halloween this year. Miss Ruby had her Halloween Parade at school. It's so sweet to watch. I started to cry before we even left our house. She is growing up so very fast. Anyway, the parade. At her school they have a big yard surrounded by big, beautiful trees. All of the parents, grandparents and friends sit in a semi-circle to watch. Each kid walks out one at a time and says something that their character would say. Ruby dressed up as Ariel so she did the little, Ahhahahah. When all the kids come out they sing a few songs together and then walk around in front of the parents. Ruby is so shy when we watch her at performances. In this picture you can see that she is trying not to smile.
She looks so beautiful. I learned a lesson on Wednesday. I was getting Ruby dressed for the parade. She had tights on under her costume. Well she has a white leotard top with white tights. I had trimmed off some ugly lace and washed it. When it was time to put it on, she wanted black instead. I told her the white goes with her costume better. She wanted the black. I had her try on the white, and then the black. She liked the black better. I let her wear the black. Then she did not like the princess crown that goes with the costume. Forget the tiara. On to the shoes. Sparkly flip flops were suggested by me. Nope, she wanted blue clogs. I had given up at this point. She looked beautiful, but she could match so much better! But I had decided that I would rather have her feel good about her costume, than make me happy. She was confident and had a great time. I ended up telling her how proud I was of her for sticking up for what she wanted. Her happiness is more important than the outfit right? Ruby is stubborn, but I'm hoping this will be advantageous during the teen years when she is sticking to her guns against something wrong.
Here are my trick or treaters (thanks Kelly)! We went to the grandparents, the Warner's and then to our ward's Trunk or Treat. We then came home for spudnuts. Every Halloween, Sweet Lew will make spudnuts. I think this year was the best yet!

6 comments:
great shot of the kids!
3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very adorable pictures of your kids. Ruby is so beautiful. Where did you guys end up going for your date? I will admit . . .Rob and I are going to the premier of Twilight . . .some party thing at the Commons that we had to RSVP for. Too funny.
You are such a good mom, Amber!!! It took me a lot longer than you to realize that it is not worth fighting the kids on stuff like Halloween costumes. It is way more important that they feel good about themselves. I wish I was as smart as you back in the day with my first kid.
Such a sweet Ruby! Such a sweet mom to let her be what she wants to be! Amber, your kids are SO dang cute...words just can't express!
What would all these holidays (or any days for that matter) be without all these precious children? Yours are adorable! Love ya, Halene
I love Ruby's "I want to smile, but I am trying really hard not to face!!" It reminds me of Lewis!! So cute!!
Post a Comment