Thursday, October 16, 2008

There's a lot of love in this room, man.

Two days ago, my sweet Lew was working on his truck. The grinder caught on something and flipped out of his hand. It cut open his jeans and sliced his leg open. It wasn't deep enough to get stitches. We were cleaning it up in the bathroom. Ruby and Zane came in the room to see Dad's owiee. When Zane saw it he said, "Ouch". He then bent down to kiss Dad's leg better. It was all bloody and gooey, and my little boy wanted to kiss it better! What a little love!

Today my sweet Lew was working on his truck. Things were going kinda crappy. We were eating dinner and I told the kids to talk a little quieter because Dad was a little frustrated. Ruby talks non-stop. So when she started to whisper something to me, I thought it was going to be something about princesses or KoKo. She said in a soft, quiet voice, "Mommy, I broke up Zane's pears into pieces for his little mouth to chew." She then smiled and gave me the thumbs up sign. Sometimes she just amazes me with her kindness. Oooh, I just love these two!

3 comments:

kelly said...

so precious.

The Egans said...

What sweet kids! So cute that she gave you thumbs up...what a cutie! We need our kids to play...like all of them...all of ours and all of yours (by ours I mean all the sista's and their kids and by yours I mean you and your sista...just in case you didn't know). ;)

The Harding Hive said...

What sweet kids. Katie's right. We need to have them come over. Maybe their sweetness will rub off onto mine, who are at this very moment, trying to kill each other.

By the way, I think they get their sweetness from their mother.