Saturday, October 4, 2008

Story of Zane

I feel bad about writing a mean post about Zaner. So I wanted to make a sweet post about him today. (warning; super long post)
Before I was pregnant with Zane I had a miscarriage. It was really devastating for us. I felt like I was going to have a baby boy. When we got pregnant again with Zane, to me, it felt like the miscarriage was Heavenly Father saying that the body wasn't right the first time. I was so relieved that all was well, and we were having a healthy baby boy. I think I've always been more protective of Zane because of this.
On the 15th of April I got up at 2:40 am. Had a contraction. Five minutes later, another one. Two minutes later, another one. Two minutes later, another one. On the way to the hospital Lew was running lights and in a panic. When we got to St. Marks I walked up to the desk and said, "Hello, I'd like to have a baby today." I just thought that would be funny. The lady didn't get it that I meant now. At 1:15 pm I delivered my sweet boy. He weighed 9lbs 4 oz.

This is Lew, Zane, Ruby and Cassi. This is when Ruby met Zane. About 20 minutes after he was born, Zane was hungry. Cassi fed him his first bottle. He downed 4 ounces. This is not normal for a new baby.

Ummm. This picture is on it's side. I'm not sure how to fix it. Anyway, this is Zane a few days old. Check out the circles under Lew's eyes. Sleep deprivation. He's a wonderful daddy.



When Zane was 7 weeks old he had a really high temperature. We took him into Primary's. That was one of the worst nights of my life. They had to draw his blood, do a catheter for urine and a spinal tap. The spinal tap was awful. The doctor curled him into a ball and held Zane there while another doctor got the fluid out. It took about 15 minutes. We couldn't touch him the whole time. Oh, it was awful. I feel so bad for kids and their parents that have serious illnesses. Luckily all of the tests came back okay. Zane was put on a high dose of antibiotics and we stayed in the hospital for 3 days.


Zaner had a thing called torticollis. It is when one side of the neck muscle is not developed enough, or not strong enough. He would always hold his head on one side. We worked with him, but it was not enough to correct it. He had a lopsided head. So when he was 8 months old we had to get him a helmet to correct the crooked head. He looked so cute in it. He only had to wear it for 4 months. We got his from a wonderful place called Fit Well. Most insurance companies do not cover helmets. They say that it is cosmetic. Crazy. They are pretty pricey. We fought with our insurance company. We lost. Zane was such a good boy. He adapted to the helmet well. It didn't bother him at all.


This is the chubby guy. I was playing photographer one day. Boy was I clueless! But he does look really cute!

Zane was cuddling Cassi watching a movie. He gets really into movies. When he is watching Madagascar, or 101 Dalmatians he gets scared. Zane knows what parts he is afraid of and will run and hide. He will stay within viewing distance and continue watching. He jumps on specific parts every time!

Last year for Halloween Zane was a zebra. He really liked Madagascar at the time.

We go horseback riding up to our cousin's house in Kamas. Zaner really liked Baylee's pink cowboy hat.

Zane loves to work on things just like his daddy. He has his own welder, grinder, saws, all those guy toys. When Zane is in the garage with Lew, he will mimic what Lewis does. In parking lots, Zane will stop to check out the axle on some vehicles. He squats down to look underneath them.

Zane is really good at cuddling. When I am holding him he loves to rub my skin on my arms. And check out those kissable lips. He is so sweet. Little kids do not like to give up their toys. If I ask him to, he will hand them to me and not cry. And when I say toys it is generally something like a screwdriver. He is so good to tell me thank you and to share with Ruby. Every time we leave the house he will give Dewie and KoKo a kiss good-bye. He would hand feed Hewie. I'm so grateful for my boy. I love watching him grow up and learn so many new things. He has made his momma proud.











6 comments:

The Meier Family said...

He is so cute, definitely not a butt! Funny- we had almost the exact same hospital experience with Makenna when she was 13 days old. She had pnemonia(sp?). I agree- it was one of the most awful experiences of our lives. Poor little things!

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

What a cutie!

The Harding Hive said...

He seems like such a sweetheart. And your such a cute momma.

The Stone's said...

Amber he is so handsome! I wish we weren't related so that Sawyer could date him someday... don't get me wrong though, I'm very glad we're related! So cute! I agree, not a butt!

The Egans said...

He is SO cute! What a sweet little buddy! He is so handsome and just so darn cute! I love the pictures and all the stories that go with them! He is definitely a special and was totally meant to be an important part of your family!

The Egans said...

I meant to say "special boy"