It's my little Dewie's Birthday today. She is 9 years old. Dew is such a good dog. She is so sweet. Dewie is really slow. When we take her on a walk, I can set the leash on the ground and she will not move a muscle until I pick it back up. Dewie has done really well with KoKo joining our family. They will play together a few times a day. KoKo is so much bigger than Dewie that she will stand there and Dewie will stand under her legs. They will wrestle and have so much fun. Dewie is smaller, but she is the boss. KoKo knows not to mess with her.
We bought Dewie from Bird World in Bountiful. We got her on a Saturday night. She whined the entire time, the entire night. We were planning on getting a yorkie, but they did not have any that day. We bought Hewie on the following Monday. They were best buddies.
When we lived in Bountiful we would take the dogs on a walk almost every night. We were walking through this nice neighborhood behind Dick's Market admiring the houses. A cute little girl with a lisp saw Dewie. She squealed in delight and said, "Look! It'ths a little shnow ball! Shse'sh jusht a little shnow ball!" Oh, they were so tiny then!
Have I ever mentioned that I love dogs? And have I ever mentioned that I go a little overboard sometimes? Well in the pre-kids days, I really spoiled my pups. This was Dewie's first birthday. I made her a festive party hat. Hewie had one to match.
For Christmas one year I got a sewing machine. Instead of making quilts, I made dog jammies. They were made from a nice waffle like material. I added a hoodie for extra fashion flare. Am I scaring anyone?
This is a cute Halloween picture. Dewie was a bee and Hewie was superman. When I was in the work force, my job would have employees kids come and trick or treat on Halloween. My dogs made the rounds for a few years.
As you can tell from this picture Hewie the witch and Dewie the clown had little patience for my dress-up games.
Yup, we have a few Christmas outfits as well. Dewie is the perfect dog for this kind of stuff.
I had to include this picture, because I wanted to show it off. It's one of my favorite pictures ever. Hewie could smile. This is not photoshop or any tricks. She would smile anytime I came home from some where. I love this picture! Isn't that the cutest thing?

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Dewis! The smile thing is true! I'll always remember the day Hewie was so sick and I walked into the house. She lifted her head up off the blanket and gave me a huge smile!! What a sweetheart! Miss you Hew!!
Happy Birthday Dewie! Such fun pictures! Amber, you are a crack up! I love that you love your dogs so much!!!
That smile is amazing. That dog should be on Jay Leno or something.
Post a Comment