Sunday, October 12, 2008

I don't get along well with cold weather.

I can tell that I read on the computer too much. While I was reading a magazine the other day, I wanted to see what time it was. I checked the bottom right hand corner. All it gave me was the page number...

We ran the 5K. Wahoo. It was freezing. We only got rained on a bit. It was actually really fun. I would like to do more. I think I will wait until next summer. My little paper said that I came in 4th place. Cassi and Missy finished 7th and 8th place. My time was 27 minutes.

There was not a lot of people there. I was told there was 70 people. I'm really glad we supported them. The fundraiser was for a little 3 year old named Ali. The accident happened when she saw her neighbors horse out of its stall. She went to go pet it. The horse got spooked and started to run. Ali ran and fell down. The horse just trampled her, crushing her skull. She was then life flighted to Primarys. The other unfortunate part of the story is that they do not have insurance. The dad was changing jobs. He had one week of no insurance coverage and that is when the accident happened. Right now Ali is out of the hospital. They have to wait for the swelling to go down before she can any more surgeries. Cassi and Missy saw her for a second. Her mom took her out of the car for a minute to see the runners. Missy said she had a pink helmet on and was crying. It was so very sad. If you would like to track her progress she has a web site Helpali.net. I feel so fortunate to have my little loves healthy and tucked in their own beds tonight. I'm grateful we were able to help her family a little bit.

My other cousin, Megan, ran a marathon today. It was in San Fransisco. Marathons are 26 miles. Meg finished in 3 hours and 23 minutes. Crazy. I cannot imagine running for 3 hours! Her minutes per mile was under 8 minutes. She is crazy. Crazy fast! She even cut 30 minutes off of her last one. Congrats Meg!

0 comments: