This story is long and boring. I apologize. But if you are having trouble sleeping, read on!!!
We have sleep issues in our home..
When Ruby was born Lew and I did everything wrong. She sleeps like crap, and it's all our fault. To this day she will not sleep in her bed. We redecorated her room in a princess theme. She's not scared. She just does not want to sleep in her bed. She sleeps in the doorway of her room. The last time she slept in her bed was months ago. In the middle of the night, she will sneak into our room. We put a little couch at the end of our bed, so she will lay on that and go to sleep. My theory is that- if she's sleeping, and does not wake me up, I don't care where!
Zane is a good sleeper. We learned from our mistakes with Ruby. If he wakes up crying in the night, Good Luck to you brother, I'm sleeping. (unless he is scared. I can tell the difference).
That being said, he does have a problem.
This is also my fault.
He still drinks a bottle.
I love giving him a bottle and cuddling him and reading. He doesn't fall asleep. I put him in bed. He then adjusts the pillow so the seam is facing a specific way, and then he lays down. Ta da!
Well, a few months ago he climbed out of his crib. To avoid a broken leg we changed it to a toddler bed. Dude decided to not sleep and waltz out of bed when ever. We put a stop to that, and turned the crib around so the wall would block the exit. Dude figured out how to push the crib away from the wall and busted out. We put a stop to that, and moved the dresser against the crib. Dude is super stong and pushed the crib and dresser away from wall and busted out. We put a stop to that and double sided taped the furniture to the floor!
Now for the past week, I have been making Zane throw away his bottle when he is done. I've been telling him two more bottles left... One more bottle...
Today was his first day with no bottle.
I read him a few stories, gave him a sippy cup of milk, and held him lovingly.
He wanted a baba.
He cried for-ev-er.
He busted out of the crib.
Mom, took him back.
After taking him back a few (20) times, I decided to lay down outside his room and do crunches. He would spy around the corner and hide. Sometimes he would just turn on the light and play. At one point he got out his spy lazer toy and tried to zap me.
Finally we layed down on Ruby's couch, and read a story until he fell asleep.
We may be buying another couch for my room...


1 comments:
When Josh was a baby, he would only sleep in my bed. He woke up every half hour crying if I put him in his crib. So for two years he slept in my bed and my husband slept on the couch because he couldn't sleep with Josh in the bed.
I think everyone screws up with the first one, don't you? Like with the eating thing..."Oh, you don't like dinner? Well let Mamma make you something else.." I'm such a softie.
But Zane sounds freakishly strong! Maybe you should enter him in some sort of baby-strength contest....
Post a Comment