Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Slacker

I had a goal to post once a day. I'm slacking. So I thought I would make a few observations here and work on posting more....tomorrow.

  • KoKo (boxer puppy) is doing great. I'll get another picture soon. She is growing like crazy. She is driving Dewie crazy. BUT, Dewie has been playing with her. It brought tears to my eyes. Dew would play with Hewie in the mornings about 4 times a week. I think she really missed that play time. So it makes my heart happy to see her playing again. And KoKo hasn't had an accident at night for about a week and a half. She has had a few in the house, but she is learning.
  • Zane has gone pee in the potty 3 times!! And two times in the grass. Awesome! It's so funny to watch him. He concentrates so hard, and farts a little. Funny.
  • Zane has a few days each month where he is accident prone. We are in those few days right now. He has about 7 mosquito/spider bites. He fell off the garage steps yesterday. Lew is the quick man on the draw and grabbed his ankle before his head hit the concrete (see Raney's wedding pictures). Then today I was loading the dryer in the basement and when I start to go up the stairs, Zane is tumbling, head over heels, down the stairs. I caught him about 3 steps from the botton. Bloody mouth. That wasn't a cuss word. He had a bloody mouth. Then he slipped on a book in his room and landed on his elbow. Stand by for pictures if this continues.
  • Ruby is wonderful. She is learing her letters so, so good! She is great with her numbers and we have been working on her letters. She tells me that teacher is going to be so proud of her. As soon as Ruby wakes up she is chatter, non-stop. "Guess what! We need to get cards today to send to Santa. Guess what mom. When I grow up, I will be as big as Erika. Guess What! Lolly pop is coming over for lunch" Ya know. Stuff like that.
  • We are now enrolled in Shellie's School of Dance!! Yahooo! Ruby has been taking dance from Just Dance. They did a great job! I took a mommy and me class with her. It was a great introduction for her. Then she went there last year again. When I saw my sweet cousin Sara, we asked her how we could get Ruby and Bay in Shellie's? She told us the sign up was way past, but to e-mail Shellie and see if we can get in. We did!!!! And even better is that my cousin Shayla is going to be their teacher!! I can't wait. I took dance from there. Okay, don't hold that against them. It's not their fault I'm not graceful. Ruby and Bay will be little dancers in no time!
  • Sweet Lew is done with school. For 3 weeks I get to see Lew at night. Not really because of his second job. But let's all pretend.
  • We decided to tear up the grass/weeds on the side of the house and put in gravel. It is looking so much better. Lew is a work horse and it is about 60% done. I love that guy.
  • On Monday, August 4th it was 10 years since Lew came home from his mission. And 10 years since I have been totally and completely in love with him.
  • Breaking Dawn. I went on Friday to Barnes and Nobel. I thought, oh, it will be busy but there are how many book stores in the valley? Wrong. When I got there the line was on the side walk past Barnes and Nobel, TJ Max, Old Navy, Bath and Body Works, Famous Footwear, Empty story, Payless, Maytag. I was standing so very far away. People had freaking wrist bands! They were in the thousands! Some were in prom dresses! Madness. My sweet mom came with me. She was afraid that I was going to be in a dark parking lot alone. Ha! I meet a few other crazy nerds. After 12:00 people were driving past holding the book out the window. I was really close to tackling them and ripping it from their hands. I had two other girls who I was scheming with. One had a staple for a nose ring, so we had weapons. We then heard that Deseret Book across the way had some books. So Deb (mom) went over there and after about 30 minutes she had the goods. I got home around 1:00. I had the basement stocked up. A cooler with Diet Mtn. Dew. Water. Light Kettle corn- popped. Nectarine. Sunflower seeds. The room was cozy, pillow and blankets. Bathroom nearby. I was ready. I stayed up until 5 am. Slept for 4 hours. Shoveled gravel for 4 hours. Read. Read. Take care of kids. Read. Read. And then the disappointment set in. I just didn't like it as well as the other books. Maybe I was expecting more? I have to read a few other books and then I will give it another whirl. My heart has been saddened. I won't go into it, so I won't ruin the book for anyone.
  • This Tuesday we went to Thanksgiving Point. We went last week to the kid country. Ruby and Zane loved the ponies. We went for Deegan's B-Day. That was fun too. We went today because Cassi has a free thing through Scott's work. I noticed a sign that said during the month of August it is only $2 per person on Tuesdays. Well, me and every other stay at home mom in the state went there! Wow it was busy! We wanted to go to the kids area so they could play in the water. There was a line on the sidewalk. Not as bad as Friday- less cleavage and more strollers. So we decided to go to the other gardens. The kids loved it. Here are a few pictures. Side note-this place has to be a photographers happy place. I couldn't take a good picture if it killed me. So here they are..
They have a little stage in the amplitheater area. Ruby was in heaven. She danced the whole time. It was so cute to see her curls bouncing all over. Does it look like that kid is checking her out?
Zane and Lightening McQueen. That car goes with him everywhere.

Bay and Deeg. Really, that is the best I could do?


This was a cool tunnel. It was the entrance to the secret garden. There are little doors in the tunnel to enter the garden. The kids were a little scared.



Cassi, Baylee and Deegan. Deegan was wishing his pants were off to moon us all.

The End




0 comments: