Thursday, November 19, 2009

Movie Review

Yahooooo!
I saw New Moon!!!
I was able to watch New Moon Thursday night at 8:00 at Gateway.

The group that I went with was Erin, Kelly and Shelby.
And this is Cassi, me, Anna and Melissa.

The movie was FANTASTIC!!!!! I'm not even joking. Here is how it went down...
Earlier today I was listening to my favorite radio station. The movie review guy gave it 1 1/2 stars (on a scale of 4). He said that it sucked worse than Twilight and the werewolves looked like "moldy rats". This actually made me happy. Because then I could go into the movie expecting to be disappointed. I also watched Twilight on Saturday night and it reminded me about how I was so disappointed the first time.
Lucky for me, Kelly (see above), got us some killer VIP passes. We didn't have to wait in line. We helped pass out Moon Pies and had reserved seats. YES!
P.S. There is a trailer for Sherlock Holmes. When you see Jude Law think of my Sweet Lew. They look so much alike!?
If you have watched New Moon continue reading. If you have not, I suggest stopping here.
I loved it. I think that Bella was even more beautiful in this movie. The shots of her was not as close up as in Twilight. The lighting was far more superior. The forest was actually green with brown, rather than blue and grey. The director really, really stuck to the book. There was no jumping around. Chris Weitz kept the critical parts of the book in the movie. In Twilight I wasn't feelin' the love between Edward and Bella. This one had more of a connection between the two. Emmett was more like I had pictured him. The eyes. Oh the eyes were so much better. I did notice that Edwards eye (yes singular) strayed a few times. I'm thinking it was the contacts. The vampires actually looked like vampires. There were two times that the scene was different from the book (Bella on the bike with the stranger and Harry with Victoria), but I completely see how it made things more clear and it added to the story. I really loved Victoria's hair color. The scenes with the werewolves were amazing! They did such a great job. I was thrilled how well they turned out. What a great movie. Oh, I don't think I can sleep. I want to go see it again.
Only a few negative things. If you go watch this movie- please don't whoooooo through out the movie. If you have a comment, please keep it quiet. This chic sitting next to Cassi was giving her thoughts out loud and they were SO off? She got mad when Bella and Jacob didn't kiss. She didn't like Edward. She was surprised by the changes in the story line, Like Edward proposing to Bella? This girl had not even read the books? Hello? That's fine if you have not read them, but really keep the comments during the movie to your self. Honestly.
So, enjoy the movie and let me know what you think of it!!!! I hope you like it as much as I did!!!


5 comments:

Sarah said...

I went last night too and LOVED it. I wish I could go again tonight. I'm still Team Edward though.

Jessica said...

Hey! I have been waiting to hear what you thought. I also loved it.I got to go to a 6:00 showing at the district it was so fun! I was really dissapointed with the first one as well, for many of the same reasons you mentioned. I thought the Bella-Edward connection seemed so ridiculous and out of no where in the first movie. They didn't flesh anything out at all it was like
Bella:"Are you a wherewolf?"
Edward:"Yea"
Bella:"oh, thats totally cool"
"I love you so much I would die for you even though we just met" Edward: "me too, even though I seem constipated"
I will explain the constipated thing further later. Anyway, Edward did so much better. The vampire look was so much more realistic. Over all I just had so much fun!!!

The Harding Hive said...

Chris & I went Friday night and we loved it too. I feel like I haven't seen you forever. I miss ya.

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

I went to a VIP showing at 8 also at the Commons. I totally agree with your review. I was sorely disappointed in Twilight but really enjoyed New Moon. I felt the vamps looks a lot better and were all very good looking and not just goth looking like they did in the first movie. I know . . .people around me were making comments too and I had to say to my friend, "Do they not know that Bella and Jacob don't really end up together?" Hahahaha

P.S. Jessica is right . . .Edward did have a constipated look throughout the first movie.

The Stone's said...

It was so sweet huh! I just loved it! I dreamt about it all night! I love that Jacob! He must work out:)