My little noodle started first grade!
Thankfully she had a great first day.
Ruby had picked out a dress that was over a year old for her first day of school. Not my first pick, but she was happy and confident. Then the weather was a little bit chilly, so I told her to pick out something a little bit warmer. We bought a few new clothes for school, but the selection has kind of been crap. And it has still been hot. Ruby picked out a tee shirt with a boxer on the front. Again, not my first pick, but she was excited. I would much rather have her be happy. So the four of us walked to school. She got in line and all was well.
Sigh...
Mom and Dad had a few stray tears.
Since then....
Ruby makes new friends every day, she is the only one in the class who brings a cold lunch-and she is sticking to it, she has been chasing boys, they have been chasing her back, and today we were testing out how many syllables are in our names!
Lewis is loving it that he did not start back to school on Wednesday.
Zane and I stare at each other a few times each day, missing our Ruby.
We also sneak over to the school borders and peak on Ruby during recess.
She has given us very strict orders that we are to drop her off at school, go home to feed the dogs, pack our breakfast and lunch, and then come back to school to wait for her to get out.
We have waved to her from afar a few times to make her feel better.
I think next week I'm going to break the news to her that we really stay home and play with her barbies.

1 comments:
I love it. I bet Austin wishes he was YOUR son so that he could stay home with you and play Barbies. What a cute little Ruby and a cute little lunch box.
Post a Comment