Friday, October 16, 2009

Star Wars

Recently Lew and I have been introducing the kids to some movies that we loved as kids. Tonight we are watching Return of the Jedi. I remember my uncle Rod taking Cassi and I to watch this movie. Rod went to college at Utah State. He was my hero. And every year before he moved back to Logan he would take us to dinner and a movie. I felt so special when he did that.
Now that I am older and have watched this move again, I have realized that I have bad dreams that take place in Star Wars! I'm not kidding. I'm a little claustrophobic. I always have dreams of being in Yoda's hut. I'm too big, like Luke, and the windows are so little, and round, and I can't get out, and the walls are all curved like in the movie. This movie scarred me for life. I guarantee I'm having bad dreams tonight.
We have also introduced the kids to Herbie. They absolutely love it! When they watched the new Lindsey Lohan-Herbie, they were disappointed. Now when we are out driving they take turns yelling -Herbie!
There has been just a few things going on lately.
My mom has H1N1. Crappy. She got really sick, really fast. Luckily she got on the tamiflu in time. I feel so bad for her because I can't go take care of her, because if I get it then my little ones get it too. Ruby and Zane did get the H1N1 flu mist last week. Zane started to giggle when it was sprayed up his nose.
Lew has been on vacation all week. Yipeee! Oh wait, it's one of those stay-cations. It is fall break at the U. Lewis took this week off of work as well so he could study for his Fundamental Engineering exam. This is the mother of all exams for engineers. Lew has been studying non-stop all week. He's going to pass it, I know it.
Dewie turned 10 yesterday.
Ruby was named the Jaguar of the Month for September. It was her and this cute little boy, Conner, for her class. She was awarded that for being a quiet, happy worker. She is so sweet and works so hard. She cracks me up. When I take her to school we wait outside the building until her teacher opens the door. As soon as the door is open, she panics a little, gives me a kiss, does the sign for I Love You and takes off. Her worrying genes are kicking in already.

Zane has just been my little buddy. We have a great time together while Ruby is in school and dance. There has not been too much to report with Zane. Lately he will say to me, "Mom, I wanna go home." Me- "Dude, we are home." Now repeat that 17 times a day.
Cassi's house is under contract- AGAIN! Poor Cassi and Scott. This is the third time their house has been under contract. The first time was in June and the buyer's financing fell through. Then the second time, the buyer was selling her home, and buying Cassi's, and her buyer's financing fell through. Frustration! This time they are closing on November 6th, I really hope it goes through. Cassi won't be able to handle it again.
Do you watch the office? At the beginning of one of the seasons' Jim asked a co-worker how she was doing. She rattled off about all the celebrities and who had babies and who married who. Jim then said, Ugh, Kelly I wanted to know how you are? She replied, - I just told you?! Sometimes I feel like that is my life. There has not been anything new for me. So I decided to shake things up a little. Really, just a little.
I had my hair cut off. Short. I can't style it like the girl did. Lewis said I finally don't look like a mom. Nice. But when I style it, it's back in mom mode. whoops.
Back in September, Lewis got me an Edward Cullen poster for my birthday. He put it on the ceiling above my bed. That lasted for one night because I would wake up and get scared. He gave me the creepy Edward one. Well, I thought I would be funny and scare Lewis with it. I put it on Lew's side of the closet. See below.And this was in the shower. he he. I have a few more ideas up my sleeve...
I really need to get some more variety in my life.
Oooooh. I did get the New Moon Soundtrack today. There are a few tracks that I instantly liked, but there are a few that will have to grow on me. I had to remind myself that New Moon is not the most uplifting story in the series. The movie is getting closer...

2 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

You are hilarious. I love the posters. Good Luck to Lew on his exam! Your family is adorable. I hope your mom is doing better.

Jessica said...

I have been toying with the idea of showing Arlo a star wars movie since he is obsessed, but he scares easily so I am not sure he's ready. I laughed about the office thing...ya I feel the exact same way. Sometimes it seems like stay at home mom=lame but It's totally worth it. I hope your mom is ok and Cassi's house goes through. I am crossing my fingers for her. Tell Lewis were rootin for him! those tests are brutal. Oh, I remember those times....