Monday, October 19, 2009

Home remedy needed

Ruby is sick.
I took her to Primary Children's last night and they said it is just a virus.
She coughs non-stop.
Any ancient Chinese secrets, home remedy, or tricks on how to stop a kid from coughing all day and all night would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ya'll.

4 comments:

The Egans said...

My dad would tell you that a shot of whiskey will do the trick! Did I spell whiskey right?
Anyway, my boys and I have had that horrible cough too! Our best remedy for night time has been Vicks on the chest and on the bottom of their feet with socks on. Some people think the feet thing is a crock, but it has never failed me yet. So sorry that Ruby is sick! It's not fun at all! I hope your mom gets better soon too! Yikes!

The Stone's said...

I second the Vick's on the feet. I've done it several times and it works like a charm. Really.

Sarah said...

Delsym cough syrup is awesome. It's the best one I've ever tried and you can buy one bottle for the whole family.

Mary said...

Erika has almost coughed her lungs out and I still havent found anything that works. A humidifier and some guafenisen is about all she gets. Sometimes I give her the guafenisen and codeine cough syrup, but that usually doesn't help either. I make her sleep in the rocking chair too. Sorry. That is miserable. I got the H1N1 shot this morning and now my poor arm hurts and is red and hot.