Friday, October 30, 2009

Sob Story



I just finished this book on Wednesday. I sobbed. Not cried. Sobbed.

Here's the deal with Nicholas Sparks. I really didn't want to read his books because it seemed like everyone read his books. I kind of had this problem with the Twilight series. Everyone was reading them, so I didn't want to read them. Hello! What was I thinking?

So I read a book, and another, and the obsession began. I really, really enjoy his books. Most of them usually have a twist in them. Sometimes I'm so ticked off that I swear off his books. And then another one comes out, and I read it, and soak it up.

This book was a little slower at the beginning. I can't say anymore because I don't want to spoil it for anyone that is planning on reading this book. Just read it. Sobbed, I tell you.

Update on Ruby's cough- Thank you for all the good suggestions on how to help her stop coughing. How do I put this gently? Ummm.... They didn't work. Not one! I'm not kidding. We tried cough syrup, cough drops, teaspoons of honey, sleeping propped up, sleeping on her tummy, humidifier, fruit Popsicles, warm apple juice, vick's on her chest, vick's on her feet, and sipping water. There may be more, but I'm lacking in sleep. She missed 4 days of school. And the cough has come back. A week later, the cough came back. Poor Baylee even has it. She's barfed twice from coughing so hard. We wash hands often, use hand sanitizer, the whole works! Watch out. Don't let this cough get you! Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

The Meier Family said...

Bad news Amber. I think I have the same thing as Ruby. The good news is that I'm finally getting better. The bad news is that it's been 6 weeks. And you're right, it is a virus. My Dr. gave me serious antibiotics and they didn't help. I never did find anything to help with the cough. But it does eventually go away:)
Also, did you sob because the book was sad, or because it was so good? I need a good book, but I hate it when I just feel sad after.

The Egans said...

Poor Ruby and poor Baylee! We've had it too! Evan missed a few days of school too! It lasts forever and is miserable! I hope they are both better soon!