I'm so behind in my posting, that I am talking about the Fourth of July on the 10th!
This year we watched the parade in West Jordan. Cassi was planning on living in West Jordan by now (the sale of her house fell through), and she really wanted to go to the local parade. So we went to it anyway. Ruby and Bay were lovin' the floats with pretty girls on them.

Did you know that for the marching bands they now have a cool down crew? Girls and boys walk behind the musicians and squirt their neck with a bottle of water. Maybe this has been going on for years and I am just
learning this neat parade trick?

Zane was not really interested in the parade. He just wanted to touch the baby that was in the stroller next to us. Floats, fire trucks, and people throwing candy would not distract him from watching the little babe.

We hung out at my mom's house for most of the day. I need to show pictures of her new house. She just moved in about 3 weeks ago. It's such a cute house. She has an elementary school very close to her home so we played there for a while. Zane was giddy watching Dad climb on the spider web.

Ruby and Bay were all over the place.

They had races down the slides.

Zane met another boy named Zane. They would take turns following one another around the playground. When we left my Zane called, "Bye friend" and he replied, "bye little Zane". So now Zane always
asks us if he can go to Grandma Deb's house to play with Big Zane.
Deegan got a little static on the slides and it made his hair stand up. He just thought we were all laughing at him for being so dang cute.

When Lew was in high school he took second in state for pole vaulting. This is not pole vaulting. I just wanted to mention how great he is and show you his neat trick.

Grandma Deb and Zane were sharing stories at the top of the slide.

I love this picture and how much fun Cassi and Ruby are having playing spider.

There are 3 parks within a block of mom's house. here are Ruby and Bay racing to the next one.

After we did our own little fireworks show I made Watermelon Shakes.Yum. You should try them! Happy belated 4
th.
4 comments:
Yum!!!! Watermelon shakes. What do you make them with (real watermelon, artificial flavoring?). That sounds good. Bummer about Cassi's house. Tell her I'm sorry, and I wish her luck on all working out the way it should. Moving is SO COMPLICATED!!!!
Watermelon shakes??? You are totally going to make those for us for our next get together. Yum! Cute pics. I love the story about little Zane and big Zane.
I love that picture of the back of Ruby's hair! So pretty!!! What a fun time! I love that your mom is on the slide too...what a fun Grandma! What a fun 4th of July! I want a watermelon shake too! Guess we better get together again soon! ;)
Once again, so glad you take pictures of my fam since I'm not very good at it!! And, for anyone reading the watermelon shakes were delicious!!!
Post a Comment